'God of War: Ascension' Gets A Live-Action Trailer

Not feeling this video, but I heard that the game itself is looking fantastic.

God of War is the only reason i would buy a PS3. Only played the ones that were made for PS2. :(

That's funny people didn't like it, as a father and never having played the series I'm completely intrigued, that was really F'ing sad.

Now I ordered the Saga :p

I can’t say much about the game or video, except that the guy in it looks physically very similar to myself. Need to lose a little bit more body-fat, and get a bit of a bath. Will be doing some in about 4 hours.:p

Why can't we have games like that on PCs. :(

Then the ad was successful because instead of using actual game footage, they went the next step and got real life action, and an experience far superior to any other console or PC.

That's funny people didn't like it, as a father and never having played the series I'm completely intrigued, that was really F'ing sad.

Now I ordered the Saga :p

The mother and child reminds me an awful lot of the dream/fever sequences of Maximus in Gladiator.

And the horrible auto-tuned vocals don't help, Sony. At all.

Wow Sony , nice work turning me OFF from buying this game. If it wasn't for the fact that I love the God of War game series I would easily have shrugged this off entirely.

Sony's TV ads (outside of Kevin Butler who I find pretty amusing) are fucking awful. The hipster driving his Playstation Vita through the air like he controlling a fully armed drone one is the worst ad for a portable console I've ever seen.

Whoever runs marketing at Sony America , should just quit already.

Then the ad was successful because instead of using actual game footage, they went the next step and got real life action, and an experience far superior to any other console or PC.

I went to the link and watched the first 30mins of game play. :)

Hmmm, haven't played a huge amount of God of War, but somehow Kratos never struck me as a loving father figure. In fact I believe there is a sex scene in one of the games where he bangs one out as two other women watch, not really selling the whole family routine there.

Wow Sony , nice work turning me OFF from buying this game. If it wasn't for the fact that I love the God of War game series I would easily have shrugged this off entirely.

Sony's TV ads (outside of Kevin Butler who I find pretty amusing) are fucking awful. The hipster driving his Playstation Vita through the air like he controlling a fully armed drone one is the worst ad for a portable console I've ever seen.

Whoever runs marketing at Sony America , should just quit already.

Sorry, but wha? Did you watch the same video I did? ... because the one I watched was full of awesome.

Pretty sure they could go to a full movie now and they would have my money and everyone else I showed that video to as well.

How can there even be any GoW games after the first one? At the end of the first one he sits on the throne as "The God of War" and you are given a timeline of his exploits of war god all the way to the present day. Just sayin...

Sorry, but wha? Did you watch the same video I did? ... because the one I watched was full of awesome.

Pretty sure they could go to a full movie now and they would have my money and everyone else I showed that video to as well.

I liked it. Then I clicked on the linked video for the first 30 mins, the game looks very impressive imo

How can there even be any GoW games after the first one? At the end of the first one he sits on the throne as "The God of War" and you are given a timeline of his exploits of war god all the way to the present day. Just sayin...

Prequels/sequels not necessarily related to Ares. Maybe if you googled it, you'd have your answer. Just sayin...

I normally would find this sort of "Teaser" useless since it doesn't show anything about the game itself, but in this case I thought it was pretty deep, especially at the end.

Back