Seasonic G-Series: G-550 Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Seasonic G-Series: G-550 Power Supply Review - The Seasonic G Series PSU is here for review in its 550 watt capacity and it looks to be a return to basics for the company with this being basically a "no-frills" unit that has been released without much fanfare. But the basics for Seasonic usually outline what you truly need in a PSU; reliable clean power with a low sound profile.

This is the exact psu I put into my latest build and could not be happier. Getting on a Black Friday Sale for just over $50 was a bonus.

I like no frills. I just want something to work. But, I want it to be good quality, something like this.

Ever see a great athlete or musician make what they do look easy because they are so good? That's what Seasonic is to power supplies. All of their units are just so good that you could assume it must be easy to design and built excellent PSU's. Typical for Seasonic is ~1% voltage regulation and and ripple at ~25% of the allowable limit.

I have t his unit's little brother SS450 in my FreeNAS box for over a month and I can't complain. Seasonic makes wonderful supplies and this is coming from an EE.

Back