Microsoft Gives Free Month For Xbox Live Outage

HardOCP News

[H] News
Major Nelson has posted an update to the Xbox Live outage story we posted over the weekend. The service was back up and running a day after the outage and the company credited all those affected with a free month of service.

We want to thank all of our Xbox LIVE members impacted by the Cloud Saved Games service issue for your patience and understanding. It took longer than we expected to get back to full performance as we needed to ensure the integrity of everyone’s game saves. Whether you couldn’t access your game saves for a couple of hours or a couple of days, we sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We will be automatically applying a one-month extension to the Xbox LIVE Gold memberships of everyone who was impacted. We can assure you we’ll also be doing a thorough post mortem to help prevent this from happening again.

I can't even log in to my account... I've got Silver XBL since I never play my XBox anymore.. hopefully I can get a free month of Gold too...

Wouldn't be awesome if game saves were saved on the console instead. Oh what am I thinking, nevermind.

Wouldn't be awesome if game saves were saved on the console instead. Oh what am I thinking, nevermind.

Why? The internet never goes out, it's always available, everyone has it, and the servers are always working. It's a perfect system.

I think you have a choice on the Xbox, don't you? Not sure. I just know that my son had his game saved on the 'cloud' and was a bit upset (thought he lost it all).

Why? The internet never goes out, it's always available, everyone has it, and the servers are always working. It's a perfect system.

I think you have a choice on the Xbox, don't you? Not sure. I just know that my son had his game saved on the 'cloud' and was a bit upset (thought he lost it all).

Those cloud saves are on your console if cloud would have been corrupted on their end all you have to do is move the save from the cloud folder on the hard drive to the regular save folder.

bah still riding off my free trials from Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, Haven't activated the Gold code I bought a while back. >< Missed out...

It's nice to see a company give you something for an outage that isn't the exact prorated cost of it. Instead of -- here is 35 cents of credit for the time we were down. It really makes a difference.

It's like when my internet goes out during the 2 hours I want to use it to stream a movie. It is worth so much more to me at that point than it is the other 22 hours a day, but I still only end up with a stupid credit that isn't even worth the time I spend asking for it.

You do have 2 choices, Save to the console or the cloud, I guess the cloud is for the people without the hard drive.

I can't even log in to my account... I've got Silver XBL since I never play my XBox anymore.. hopefully I can get a free month of Gold too...

Nope, tried again... still Silver :(

You do have 2 choices, Save to the console or the cloud, I guess the cloud is for the people without the hard drive.

Cloud is for playing on more than one Xbox and not needing a flash drive all the time. My soon can play upstairs or downstairs and doesn't have to carry things with him

Back