Facebook Bringing Video Ads to News Feed

HardOCP News

[H] News
I doubt there will be much uproar over Facebook bringing video ads to your news feed. I mean c'mon, what's not to like about auto-playing ads? Hey, at least you are getting Angry Birds Star Wars on Facebook now too. :rolleyes:

Facebook is still debating several product features, but has decided on this much to date, these executives said: By April at the latest, it will offer video advertisers the chance to target video ads to large numbers of Facebook users in their news feeds on both the desktop version of Facebook as well as on Facebook apps on mobile phones and tablets.

Hmmm, make your ads too annoying and people start ad-blocking them. That doesn't seem good.

I like how everybody on Facebook refuses to allow them to try and make any money lol.

I like how everybody on Facebook refuses to allow them to try and make any money lol.

When they are autoplay and in your face, yes. I don't mind ads, just don't like the 100 ads with 2 videos and 6 flash ads.

Worse: Pandora with ads. Listening to a good song and BAM! Video ad with audio.

I doubt they'll have auto-play video adds on mobile platform. That would make it unusable.
And any ads on the desktop platform are just a few clicks away from being filtered out by your favorite adblock software.
Relax, people. They're gonna annoy your mom, but not you.

I'm really happy to see Facebook innovating by including video ads. Not only will this help to make Facebook more profitable, which is good because the money they earn will help Facebook fund even more and better ways to establish those important connections between people, but it will also enrich Facebook's previously bare look with an improved, more lifelike site that leaps out at users to help them find products they don't even know they need.

Back