U.S. Shoppers Spent $7B Online Last Week

HardOCP News

[H] News
After a massive $6.9 billion five-day week, it is obvious that online shopping is booming. It's not hard to see why either. Why deal with long lines, rude people and limited stock on popular items? I do all my shooping online.

The past week was the heaviest five-day online shopping period in U.S. history, according to a new report that shows consumers are spending more online than they did last year. During the week of December 8 through 14, U.S. consumers spent $6.9 billion online, an 11 percent increase over 2011.

LOL.. that reminds me I need to order more cat food from amazon. thanks!

Steve - i wasn't aware of the ability to "shoop" around on amazon and newegg these days...link? :D

All my christmas shopping was one on-line this year. Much easier than fighting the crowds in the stores.

Well, that and you don't want to infect anyone.... :) How you feeling, Steve? Getting much better? I hope so.

Besides what has been mentioned already, I bet a lot of people also buy online because stuff can be had for a lot cheaper than in a retail store.

I almost never buy stuff locally that I can wait a few days for. I would rather save the 30-50%.. or even more depending on what store you are comparing with.

and the 30-50% or more isn't even taking into aco the tax I am not having to pay.

And just think...the US Gov't spends more than that each day.

I'm a 50/50 mix when it comes to B&M stores and online stores. Sometimes cheaper online. Sometimes cheaper in the store. Especially when the store overstocks and can't sell the leftovers. I picked up Rage: Anarchy Edition for $5 and MW3 for $10 in a regular store. They expected demand to be higher in their store and had so many extra copies of it.

And just think...the US Gov't spends more than that each day.

1 point for mentioning governments
1 point for putting in the context of money
1 point for quantification in an amount of time
2 points for picking a topic that incites a large number of a certain type of person known to use this forum

5/10 troll faces! Congrats!

Back