Gmail Wobbles Again, the Fourth Time in a Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
So what's up with Google over the past week, or should we say down? Gmail has been going up and down like a Duncan YoYo recently and Google hasn't offered any type of an explanation for the technical glitches. The latest glitch occurred Friday afternoon hampering the ability to access or send attachments.

Google didn't provide details in the dashboard about what went wrong or how many people were impacted. The company didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about these issues.

No issues with gmail for me. But Cox communications email on the other hand. They been having some kind of issue since yesterday :mad:

Actually the lesson is Gmail has been so reliable that any little glitch in the system becomes a news story.

Yup. My gmail account has been far more reliable than any work or college email account.

I have noticed that my mail gets delivered quite a bit later than normal. All forum notifications used to be instant but I dont get them til about an hour later than normal.

Haven't had any problems either, but I use the original interface so maybe simple is better.

While I haven't had any outages, I can confirm some emails have been hours late, so something is definitely happening...

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Outlook. I'm slowly started to get annoyed by Google.

I noticed this, but it was fixed within a half hour or so of when I noticed it. Not really a big deal, but it does make me realize how "attached" I am to my e-mail during at certain times of the day.

Lesson: Don't use gmail

Why? Gmail is great for making accounts that you plan to use online and know will get spammed or if you need a quick address to register for some website you're not sure about since they're basically throw away accounts. As long as you're using them carefully for the right thing, the Google analytics spyware stuff isn't a big deal.

I dont know what you guys are using it for but I get almost zero spam in my inbox on my gmail account. It is my primary email too.

Google voice was down today, still, can't complain about a free service.

Back