Facebook Stock is Back on the Rise

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bouncing back from a low in August of $17.55, Facebook has made steady gains ever since and is looking to cross back over the $30 dollar mark. With the rise in stock, company net worth increases by the Billions…..not to mention Zuckerberg himself who happens to own 504 Million shares. November paycheck: $3.5 Billion.:eek:

Facebook’s stock is approaching $30 a share and analysts continue to raise their price targets for the stock on the potential to generate money from mobile ads and other revenue sources like the recently launched Gifts service.

I still honestly don't see a lot of new revenue potential with Facebook, unless they really branch out into new markets.

Sure, I don't actually know what their Gifts service is. Frankly, I don't want to know.

Despite the typical mouth-breather's prognostications to the contrary, Facebook is still a hugely valuable company.

Facebook still has no way to monetize their information...But boy have they scraped up a lot of personal information on <everyone on earth>. All that personal information has to be worth something.

they get a lot of hate with the ads in the news feed.

Facebook still has no way to monetize their information...But boy have they scraped up a lot of personal information on <everyone on earth>. All that personal information has to be worth something.

Give us money or we publish your personal info?

I think you'll see the stock go back up as they start pushing better advertising in the mobile space, but once it hits a peak, I don't see it ever going beyond that unless they change things drastically.

The valuations of social sites are ridiculous. Facebook makes a few hundred million a quarter, or is it a year but somehow they are valued at 70 billion (I didn't read the article so the numbers may be off).

The valuations of social sites are ridiculous. Facebook makes a few hundred million a quarter, or is it a year but somehow they are valued at 70 billion (I didn't read the article so the numbers may be off).

Yeah, you have to wonder if people buying Facebook stock just don't realize what price to earnings are. At 140 times earnings it's just insane valuation. To emphasize how insane that pricing is if Apple traded at the same multiple of earnings Apple would be worth nearly 6 trillion. Now, we all know that's insane, yet Facebook is worth that kind of valuation? If internet history has shown us anything it's that it's far more likely something will come along and replace Facebook long before Facebook becomes 10 times larger and more profitable than it is now.

Despite the typical mouth-breather's prognostications to the contrary, Facebook is still a hugely valuable company.

Nice. Critical investor = mouth-breather. Sorry, Facebook is no different than MySpace to me and with no real business model, my money is better allocated elsewhere. If that makes me a mouth-breather, so be it.

Back