A Year After The IPO, Groupon Crashes To New All-Time Low

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Oh how far the mighty have fallen and it only took one year. Groupon’s stock has fallen from a first day opening price high of $30 to a new low of $4 a share. If you like skiing, it’s been a great downhill run for the past year.

Groupon is profitable, which many skeptics never thought it would be. But its original business, daily deals, has proved to be a much smaller opportunity than most people thought.

I see London, I see France, I see Facebook stock also crashing harder than something that rhymes with France!

If anything, Groupon's stock should have shown that a "service" online business isn't that valuable.

They should have sold it when Google offered them almost 6 Billion, now it's a sinking ship that nobody wants.

ROFL!!! YOU MORONS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE 6 BILLION. MORONS!!!

I told them this was gonna happen. Now look. Idiots.

Greed = bad, mmkay?

Bet they'd take that 6 Billion now... not that anyone will ever offer it to them again.

I want to see FB tank like that.

Since day 1, I thought groupon deals sucked. Nothing more than shitty local deals.

I want to see FB tank like that.

Since day 1, I thought groupon deals sucked. Nothing more than shitty local deals.

I don't know where you live, but here the deals were great. Bogo deals on lots of great places to eat, we went out with a groupon at least once a week. Now all I get are deals for stupid shit like shiatsu massages and teeth whitening kits.

Now all I get are deals for stupid shit like shiatsu massages and teeth whitening kits.

see. looks like good deals are a thing of the past for you too.

if there were any good deals, those shops probably just wanted to test drive groupon, only to later realize that groupon is a piece of shit.

Generally loss leader type of deals only work for large retailers or chain stores. I think many small businesses were finding that when they got these groupon clients in their restaurant or store they weren't buying a lot of extra things. They were just basically coupon clippers who are tight with money.

Generally loss leader type of deals only work for large retailers or chain stores. I think many small businesses were finding that when they got these groupon clients in their restaurant or store they weren't buying a lot of extra things. They were just basically coupon clippers who are tight with money.

This is true for me. I've bought a bunch of offers and I rarely spend extra or return to the places.

Also it doesn't help that most places treat you like a second rate citizen once you show them the Groupon offer...

Also it doesn't help that most places treat you like a second rate citizen once you show them the Groupon offer...

Which is fucking stupid since they were the ones who made the offer available. Those kind of places DESERVE to go out of business.

Back