Banned iPad Mini Promo

Wow. These guys are hilarious.
Senior vice president Black apple employees (himself) xD

They should have also mentioned that "retina" doesn't actually mean anything. It used to mean 320PPi, but that went out the window with the MacBook Pro Retina...

They could also point out how low resolution on a smaller screen, resulting in higher PPi, doesn't actually mean things are "better" visually. 640x480 on a 3" screen doesn't look "better" than 1920x1080 on a 50" screen.

They could have also pointed out how the Google Nexus 7 has a higher resolution screen.

I did like how they pointed out the rest of the ridiculousness they did though.

They should have also mentioned that "retina" doesn't actually mean anything. It used to mean 320PPi, but that went out the window with the MacBook Pro Retina...

It wasn't defined at 320 PPI. Instead, it relates to the eye's general lack of ability to discern pixels at "typical" viewing distances of a given device.

I so want to buy an iPad then after a month upgrade to version 2, rinse/repeat to 3(new iPad) then to ipad mini so when the new iPad Mini with a 6" screen comes out I can get that. But then again I wouldn't be able to wait in line for the iPad Micro. :)

Darryl Johnson never ceases to amaze me as to why he's the vice president... of black employees (just himself)

Since the new ones are the Mini iPad, the big ones should now be called the Maxi iPad.

I think their prediction is right. They are going to come out with a new model Mini as soon as they can. The low resolution display is just too inferior to the competition which is also less expensive.

I just don't understand why these are always labeled as "banned" vs. humor...

Because it somewhat breaks the illusion that this was a "fake" Apple video, also this isn't a video trashing Apple by saying how much they suck, it's simply over exaggerating the already exaggerated (by Apple) properties of their various products (e.g. how thin it is). Yes all of about 10 seconds in you realize this isn't a "real" Apple video, but the people in it don't break character, and the tiny sense of legitimacy actually adds to the humor.

I kind of want to say "Don't think about it too hard, and you'll probably enjoy it and get a few chuckles" but obviously you're beyond that step.

"Ipad mini is the FUTURE!........until.......at least may..... the end of may......."

LULZ!

"Ipad mini is the FUTURE!........until.......at least may..... the end of may......."

LULZ!

"Probably June". :D

But it would've been even funner if he said, "Or maybe just April. But still, the future is here until it isn't" or something to that effect. :p

Nice "banned" ad.

Back