Gmail Spam Filter Blocks Mail From Google

HardOCP News

[H] News
I've had this happen more than a few times but I thought it was just me. Anyone else notice that Gmail will block mail from Google?

I’m a dedicated Android/Google user, but I like my privacy too and I do what I can to opt out of the data collection/correlation machine. Lately I’ve noticed that some pretty ridiculous stuff is slipping past the spam filter in Gmail and in to my Inbox. Meanwhile, legit messages are being put in spam.

!!!!!

So I should check my Gmail spam boxes? I've seen some ridiculous crap (blatant male-enhancement messages among others) get to my inbox, but I haven't noticed legit emails being redirected.

*goes to check Gmail spam boxes*

Well it was an email selling something, so I guess most people would actually consider that spam. And it's nice to see that they apparently don't give themselves special treatment in the filter.

I've never had a problem with it flagging something that was actually important to me. It still lets some of the spam through from time to time though.

We use the soon to be deceased Google Postini. Over the last week we've had users complain about unwarranted bounce backs and mailbox non existing DSNs. Something's definitely up with Google's spam filtering services.

Back