MGM Picks Up Film Rights to Hit Game Metro 2033

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
There must be something that draws movie studios to new movie prospects by the number of ways it has been represented to the public. Take Battleship for example: no, bad example. :D MGM has picked up the option on the cult video game hit Metro 2033, to possibly be made into the next game adaptation for the big screen.

I dunno it has potential. It'll either be epically horrible like most game movies. Or they could actually put some effort, writing, acting, etc into it and it could potentially be pretty good.

I'm guessing the interest by MGM is base on the novel, and not really the game which was derived from it.

It could be a fairly decent movie if based on the novel. Let the Russians film it. I would rather watch with subtitles, and less that stellar special effects, than let Hollywood do it.

I wouldn't mind a more true to the book movie adaption of Roadside Picnic. The made the Russian movie in 1979,(Stalker) loosely based on it and of course all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video games.

I wouldn't mind a more true to the book movie adaption of Roadside Picnic. The made the Russian movie in 1979,(Stalker) loosely based on it and of course all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video games.

omg im not the only one who knew Stalker is "based" on a book

I'd like to see them film one out of STALKER : SoC, the game is only very loosely based on the book and it's story stands on it's own. If they do the Metro movie and it's successful,maybe it would draw some interest from the studios.

I'd like to see them film one out of STALKER : SoC, the game is only very loosely based on the book and it's story stands on it's own. If they do the Metro movie and it's successful,maybe it would draw some interest from the studios.

Yeah me too, Both Stalker and Metro have very gripping stories.

Some of the few games that I just could not tear myself away from, I was totally immersed in the story and environments.

Stalker has enough to it, that it could easily be used as the basis for a mini series on HBO or the like.

It will become a zombie movie with Jason Statham, filmed with the hunger games-esque constant shaky camera and a color filter so muted that it makes Saving Private Ryan look vibrant.

Hum.. A post-apocalyptic based movie. Sounds original... Is Michael Bay available?

I didn't mind Metro 2033 the game, but it felt too linear for the world they built for it. That might be because I played it on the Xbox 360, but I never felt like I had enough freedom.

I think the movie would be a really good idea, though.

Back