MPAA Joins RIAA In Having Budgets Slashed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
No tears please, but I know you all are feeling the pain. :D Some interesting statistics and information have been posted by TorrentFreak concerning the finances of the MPAA. The disclosures follow the news of the RIAA’s budget being cut over the last few years, with the MPAA following suit.

Nearly every person listed in their list of key employees/highest compensated employees is clearly way far north into the 1% of most highly compensated Americans.

If 95%* of all music and video watched wasn't pirated, I'm sure they'd be rolling in the cash* instead of being on the verge of bankruptcy*.

*The above numbers and adjectives are not intended to be factual statements but for illustrative purposes.

Maybe they can pirate the software they use to stop piracy? Those licenses are costing them a fortune. ;)

My eyes i cant see thru the tears i am shedding for the brave men and women of MPAA that are fighting pirates for our freedom. ;)

Where are all these 1%'ters going to find another job with such high pay & benefits, yet with no accountability?

Guess they could always work for the government... Maybe the TSA or health care needs some more high paid bureaucrats.

Good stuff! It's nice to see them hurt once in a while.

They'll just start more lawsuits to make up their loss though. :/

What do you expect? They're no longer generating revenue in any way other than court decisions and settlements. Unsustainable, and good riddance to the worm-riddle slimefucks.

Don't worry, Obama will help these poor unfortunates. If not him, then Romney will. They are just too pitying to not help!

Break out the lube, someones in for a fuckin'. This assholes need to "increase revenue" at the expense of "pirates", you know, old ladies who don't have a computer and shit.

Don't worry, Obama will help these poor unfortunates. If not him, then Romney will. They are just too pitying to not help!

I'm sure Romney's RIAA/MPAA SuperPAC donation has already been deposited off shore in the Caymans. Most megacorps donate millions to both parties to hedge their bets and get their attention.

Haha , good.

Nice to see some actual truth come out of the MPAA/RIAA once in a while.

It looks like we're halfway to where their income needs to be. Namely 0.

Where are all these 1%'ters going to find another job with such high pay & benefits, yet with no accountability?

Guess they could always work for the government... Maybe the TSA or health care needs some more high paid bureaucrats.

They will be alright, the IRS needs them to help collect from healthcare 'violaters'

Next thing you are going to tell me is that movies are doing poorly this Summer because piracy exists. Smash.

Good stuff! It's nice to see them hurt once in a while.

They'll just start more lawsuits to make up their loss though. :/

Uhhhh... you don't know how much legal actions cost, do you? Yeaaaaa, if they make more lawsuits it will be tossing more money in the fire... I HOPE they do more of their suits hah!

Got budget slashed? Time to sue EVERYONE.

Look out folks.

This won't really work if you sue someone for $150,000,000.00 and they are a university/college student with $8,000.00 in savings to their name and $100,000.00 of student loan debt. The cost of the lawyers will be greater than the $8,000 they could possibly pry from this students hands so ultimately, they'd loose money suing poor people.

What they need to do, is basically, sue the richest 1% that are actively engaging in piracy -- if they can find said people. Like if you sued Paris Hilton and got a rediculous $12 million dollar verdict, you could actually see the $12 million dollars. Of course, you'd see that richest 1% quickly lobbying against the MPAA/RIAA and they would both cease to exist. They could get a lot more publicity/scare factor and headlines suing Paris Hilton than 'Joe Blow' from 'Nowhere, AK' though.

They still won't figure out that their practices are outdated and they need a new model. Fuckers.

Back