Unboxing Videos Are Lame: Example #2,419,004

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know, I know, unboxing video are played out and laaaame. Having said that, this one contains so much FAIL that it is actually funny.

And that's why in the top drawer of any desk I regularly use, you'll find a razor blade. Not a butter knife, plastic collar stay, finger nail clippings... A fucking razor blade, it is that simple.

And that's why in the top drawer of any desk I regularly use, you'll find a razor blade. Not a butter knife, plastic collar stay, finger nail clippings... A fucking razor blade, it is that simple.
same here. razor blades are cheep, sharp, and thin. they fucking work!

Winner: guy trying to open the box with the collar insert... = REEEEEEEEEEETARD!

Now you see, Apple boxes don't have that problem. Another crap Google product. (Just kidding!!!!!)

Wow this is great! Haven't these people done these in the past??

A bonus is that when your unboxing video is posted on the internet you can slash your wrists in shame!

I have a miniature stanley box cutter. You can get it from sears for 2.99. It is actually the real thing, just very tiny. I keep it at my desk.

Remember that video where Steve Jobs and Johnny Ive talk about designing how a user experiences opening one of their products? It's to avoid this.

Reminds me of the many people that have asked me, "Is the colon the one with the two dots or the dot and the comma?" That and the sheer depressing fact that more than half had gone to college. I know I started asking.

LOL, that was pretty funny. I've seen the one by Molly "Give Me" Wood on her "Always On" new show the other week.

Reminds me of the many people that have asked me, "Is the colon the one with the two dots or the dot and the comma?" That and the sheer depressing fact that more than half had gone to college. I know I started asking.

The colon is the one the shit comes out of.

Rule #9: always carry a knife. I keep a butterfly knife solely for this purpose.

Car keys should work perfectly fine, one of them looks like they opened it with a machete.

Using my mad cuttin' skills yo:rolleyes: (otherwise known as my collar straightener, with all the mad crazy sharpness of a spork).

I hate unboxing's it's like someone opening your Christmas presents, even if you didn't want it.

Wow..that just makes me weep. Two pieces of tape and I saw everything except a proper box cutter used to mangle their way into the boxes.

People who can't open a damn box don't deserve to own the product that comes in the box. :D

Unless you go through airport security. Then say goodbye to said knife.

I accidentally took a butterfly knife on-board, and nobody noticed :eek:

This video was inspiring though; I have to go do my dishes now...

Unless you go through airport security. Then say goodbye to said knife.

Yeah, I unbox products for Youtube videos on a plane ALL THE TIME! Anyway, I was being sarcastic, the reference was to the Gibbs rule from NCIS (although Federal agents might receive an exemption, anyway).

Now you see, Apple boxes don't have that problem. Another crap Google product. (Just kidding!!!!!)

That's one thing I will give Apple full credit for, they revolutionized the packaging market. Before products used to come in blank cardboard. Now they're these engineered marvels.

Never understood unboxing articles.

I want to see the product, accessories and features... Don're really give a crap about the box.

google did it on purpose so they could see what goofy videos people would post on their own youtube

"lame" unboxing videos make me $250 a month (and seemingly rising)... lol

Hah, I remember watching the guy trying to cut the tape with the collar stay, that was a particularly entertaining video.

I saw that phonedog one (collar straightener guy) and it was indeed pathetic. I would have started over since he didn't get the damn thing open til the middle of the vid.

So out of all of them, no one got mad enough to just rip the box into pieces? I am disappointed... :p

Dude, dont use keys. Someday you are going to snap a key doing that and are going to be up shits creek.
I have opened literally thousands of boxes with the same key. Guess what? you couldn't tell that I ever opened a box with that key and it still works fine.

Back on topic. This is the reason why you have people how know how to design boxes and packaging because obviously the people who designed this one have never designed one before.

Seriously dude? A plastic collar stay? At least use a metal one geesh! I couldn't help blurting out on that one.

[21CW]killerofall;1038942555 said:
Back on topic. This is the reason why you have people how know how to design boxes and packaging because obviously the people who designed this one have never designed one before.

I disagree with that statement. If anything those pieces of tape were put there intentionally to make it hard to open. Kind of like the make you bleed plastic that is around most retail products. There is probably a security tag inside of the box so if someone gets a hold of one of these in the store, they are going to struggle to try to get the device out and steal it.

Next video is the dude from FPS Russia opening a Nexus 7 box with excessively large gun and a pound of Tannerite.

Well we can hope...

Next video is the dude from FPS Russia opening a Nexus 7 box with excessively large gun and a pound of Tannerite.

Well we can hope...

Lol... I was actually thinking of someone shooting it open as well. He's definitely the guy for the job!

One guy was smart enough to cut the tape ahead of time. Everyone else was outsmarted by a piece of tape.

Back