Bullied Bus Monitor Gets Last Laugh

I watched an interview with that lady in it... she did seem kinda weird. Now she's loaded and weird

Those kids probably still didn't get any punishment. :| Dumb ass kids. I guess 99% of people hate them now. Not so cool now, anymore, are ya bitches!?

Good for her. Life is too short to put up with that shit for so long.

Now she's loaded and weird

Shes not loaded and weird shes just excentric :p

It's great to see things like this though, society seems to be falling apart and its good to see there are alot of people pissed off about it.

She's a weird chick but I heard that her husband had died and her son had killed himself several years ago and those little bastards were giving her shit about that too. Nobody deserves that especially some little old lady.

This is all because you can't touch kids today in school. When I was in Jr high back in the mid 80's, we wouldve been hauled into the office the next morning and had our asses beat good and proper. You got to beat yo kids!

Jeez, it used to be that little pukes would respect and fear their elders or get a swift ruler twack across the backside... thank you bleeding heart social workers and child psychologists... you've turned our youth into a bunch of self-important, entitled brats.

Identify every kid on the video making fun of her and suspend them... by their fingernails..

She's a weird chick but I heard that her husband had died and her son had killed himself several years ago and those little bastards were giving her shit about that too. Nobody deserves that especially some little old lady.

This is all because you can't touch kids today in school. When I was in Jr high back in the mid 80's, we wouldve been hauled into the office the next morning and had our asses beat good and proper. You got to beat yo kids!

Seriously? That's some fucked up kids. Off to government they go, to lead us all!

I would say I'd be bullied for a few hours by teens for $500k, but I'd end up in jail for hanging one of the bastards out the window by his feet.

My thing is this: Yes, I wanted to beat those kids' asses after watching that video. No, That should never happen to anyone, let alone a kindly old grandmother. Yes, it makes me laugh knowing those kids bullying resulted in grandma getting a nice retirement package.

....BUT....

...the main reason I posted this is because NORMALLY, the internet is BLAMED for this kind of stuff. Grandma will be traumatized, has to quit her job, will be ridiculed as the "bullied bus monitor" and so on.

IN THIS CASE, the internet came to the rescue and handed those kids (and parents) the most humbling defeat possible...joy for the victim. :)

Jeez, it used to be that little pukes would respect and fear their elders or get a swift ruler twack across the backside... thank you bleeding heart social workers and child psychologists... you've turned our youth into a bunch of self-important, entitled brats.

Idiots. Violent parents raise children who are quiet at home and violent to other kids and then become violent adults, good parents raise good children who become good adults, any idiot can raise a kid to be nasty with or without violence and beating them for it is the stupidest response. They are children, they act how they are taught to act and beating them reinforces that behaviour. This idea that society was somehow better when people could beat children is complete myth.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2002/06/spanking.aspx

There are many more studies that show the same results.

Dayum, over a half-mil with 29 days to go. Grandma gon' get paid!

Idiots. Violent parents raise children who are quiet at home and violent to other kids and then become violent adults, good parents raise good children who become good adults, any idiot can raise a kid to be nasty with or without violence and beating them for it is the stupidest response. They are children, they act how they are taught to act and beating them reinforces that behaviour. This idea that society was somehow better when people could beat children is complete myth.

most of what you said is bs, my dad beat the shit out of me, and I don't hit my kids. The causal relationship you assume as fact is wrong. People don't work like programs where "if y then x" happens every time.

diots. Violent parents raise children who are quiet at home and violent to other kids and then become violent adults, good parents raise good children who become good adults, any idiot can raise a kid to be nasty with or without violence and beating them for it is the stupidest response. They are children, they act how they are taught to act and beating them reinforces that behaviour. This idea that society was somehow better when people could beat children is complete myth.

This is nothing but bullshit. Kids were better then than they are now. Simple truth. Must be nice living in your fantasy world.

Is that enough for a ticket on those virgin planes that go into suborbital flights? That would make a hell of a trip!!

They are children, they act how they are taught to act and beating them reinforces that behaviour. This idea that society was somehow better when people could beat children is complete myth.

From your own link:

But, Gershoff also cautions that her findings do not imply that all children who experience corporal punishment turn out to be aggressive or delinquent. A variety of situational factors, such as the parent/child relationship, can moderate the effects of corporal punishment. Furthermore, studying the true effects of corporal punishment requires drawing a boundary line between punishment and abuse. This is a difficult thing to do, especially when relying on parents' self-reports of their discipline tactics and interpretations of normative punishment.

stealthy123 - Anecdotal evidence, useless. These aren't solid rules like Newton's laws, these are large sample observations that apply to a huge number of cases. It's like saying "I smoke and I don't have cancer, therefore smoking is safe".

Hooksalot - Proof? Also, define 'better'. You can make anyone obedient with violence, are you really defending that as a good way treat children? A fascist dictatorship with a military government would vastly reduce crime. Does that sound like a good idea?

Neb - Yeah, so? Not everyone who smokes gets cancer, does that make it safe? Would you give kids cigarettes?

conty.jpg

I donated $10 to the lady yesterday. 68 year olds don't deserve to get treated this way. Kids of today are far worst than when I was a kid.

Hooksalot - Proof? Also, define 'better'. You can make anyone obedient with violence, are you really defending that as a good way treat children? A fascist dictatorship with a military government would vastly reduce crime. Does that sound like a good idea?

Neb - Yeah, so? Not everyone who smokes gets cancer, does that make it safe? Would you give kids cigarettes?

Well I'm out of this one, you're throwing out such excessive hyperbole that it's obvious you're very passionate about this topic. That's fine, but I can already tell that there will be no productive discussion about it.

Corporal punishment is a blanket term that covers everything from a light swat on the butt to full on beatings. Comparing everything that term covers to smoking or a fascist dictatorship is a terrible comparison.

Oh come on, you were playing fast and loose with your original comments. Now you are being obtuse trying any argument in the hopes still somehow being 'right'.

The comparison to smoking was an example of logical fallacy to explain why anecdotal evidence was useless.

I'm not sure that the gap between "the good old days" of keeping all children silent and obedient with violence is all that different from a fascist dictatorship. The examples used by the people I am arguing against were things like being beaten with sticks.

Well I'm out of this one, you're throwing out such excessive hyperbole that it's obvious you're very passionate about this topic. That's fine, but I can already tell that there will be no productive discussion about it.

Corporal punishment is a blanket term that covers everything from a light swat on the butt to full on beatings. Comparing everything that term covers to smoking or a fascist dictatorship is a terrible comparison.

True, a debate is pointless. People have _very_ strong opinions when it comes to children and almost none of it can be substantiated with evidence that cannot be easily questioned.

I'm glad to see the world is doing something to make up for awful little children. I doubt it will help much, but the defective losers that are their parents might deserve a little negative attention so they take a more active interest in fixing their horrible offspring.

I'd be willing to donate money to a fund to find those kids and have someone really large scare the living shit out of them until they wet their pants... don't even need to physically harm them, just traumatize the fuck out of them for one day.

geez.. if something like that happened on the bus system here, the kid would be banned from taking the bus at the very least. I'm more curious what kind of punishment (if any) they actually received..

First off........holy shit, what is the tax on that "gift" the lady is about to receive?

Second.....those children on the bus were piling on, one after the other.....it's what kids do.
Yes , they were way out of line, but they are also 11 to 13 year old children.
I'm not sayin it was right, just that they are kids.

Third....I cannot believe there wasn't one child on that bus who wouldn't stand up and tell the other kids to lay off.

Lastly, children are raised differently now. I would have been beaten to within an inch of my life if I had done what I saw on that video. I hope I would have been the kid who told everyone to back off. But I was raised to know better, I hope.

I hope my children, now older teen-agers would know better......that said, I would not beat them like my Dad did me, but there would be evil consequences, none the less.:D

The young boys (not men yet by any means) will grow up, be at the wrong place, at the wrong time and justice will be served by someone slightly older, stronger and wiser. :cool: There isn't a day that goes by and I witness hearing some irate male (immature patron) yelling profane words at a female (clerk, teller, customer service representative, etc.) for their error (bad day, misery, misjudgment, being unlucky, bad attitude etc.). I am called to defuse the situation (no one screws with an Officer), :eek: I politely ask the man if he has a wife, girlfriend, female friend or mother? (If he's normal, the answer is yes) I tell him, if he were standing nearby witnessing another male (like himself) yelling profanities at her, would he tolerate the male speaking that way to her? (If he's normal, the answer is no) NO normal male would allow another male to verbally abuse their wife, girlfriend, female friend, mother, grandmother, aunt or cousin with profanities. In the end... they realize how their bad behavior causes reflected negativity. They usually apologize to the person they verbally abused. When they don't, I give them two choices... sincerely apologize or I have you arrested for breach of peace, sometimes it becomes disorderly conduct in the 3rd degree. Take your pick... it's your choice. ;)

I was bullied all through school and no one's tossing money at me for growing up like every other kid did. Not saying she doesn't deserve a vacation but giving her over $500,000 because she has a shitty job seems lubricious.

Back