Courts: NSA Not Required To Reveal Ties To Google

HardOCP News

[H] News
The US Court of Appeals says the NSA does not have to reveal any deals it has with Google to help protect against cyber attacks. Sergey Brin's undercover status remains safe...for now.

The US Court of Appeals in Washington upheld a lower court decision that said the NSA need not confirm or deny any relationship with Google, because its governing statutes allow it keep such information secret.

Isn't this already sort of saying, "yes we do have some shit going on with google"?

No shit? I wouldn't be surprised if the NSA has a backdoor in Windows, Gmail, pretty much any piece of commercial software that millions of people use.

Given the obvious evidence that the NSA obviously has unfettered access to Google's back pipe, everyone should switch to a more worthy search engine.

Out of the bottom of his dysfunctional, but big heart, K-Fed has swooped in to save us all and stands before you as a societal role model of superheroic proportions by presenting you with his competing product.

www.searchwithkevin.com

Given the obvious evidence that the NSA obviously has unfettered access to Google's back pipe, everyone should switch to a more worthy search engine.

Out of the bottom of his dysfunctional, but big heart, K-Fed has swooped in to save us all and stands before you as a societal role model of superheroic proportions by presenting you with his competing product.

www.searchwithkevin.com

^ROFL

Also, remember this madness? http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/07/exclusive-google-cia/

Given the evidence that the NSA obviously has unfettered access to Google's back pipe, everyone should switch to a more worthy search engine.

Skribbel want edit function to compensate for stoopid brain manfunctions.

Is that sarcasm or do you actually believe that? I'm really hoping it's the former, but this forum tends to be a little conspiracy crazed at times.

Isn't this already sort of saying, "yes we do have some shit going on with google"?

No, it's establishing that they don't have to say what they have going on with anyone. If they don't have anything going on with Google, it would still be a problem for them to state that as then it establishes precedent for them to comment on such things. This reinforces that they don't need to disclose any connections with any company, which of course the NSA wants. Which company the question is asking about is irrelevant in this case, merely answering it would open up the doors.

Is that sarcasm or do you actually believe that? I'm really hoping it's the former, but this forum tends to be a little conspiracy crazed at times.

I don't recall anyone on this forum -ever- saying anything that was not the most sane, reasonable example of unshakable human mental stability. To even imply that [H] has crazies lurking about is simply too unlikely to consider and I'm disappointed that you'd stop to think such a thing. It makes the Skribbel feel sad inside.

Oprah and Maury Povich have attempted to teach society to observe first and judge second. Evidence can be found in the number of broadcast episodes of their respective shows ending in heartfelt apologies and tearful hugging. It is by their will that I encourage you to turn your eyes inward to analyze your feelings and understand the naughty darkness of your aura.

Now off with you to earn Swagbucks so you can acquire K-Fed signed posters. I've heard that Kevin exfoliates quite a bit. In the process of autographing posters, he might deposit skin cells upon it due to friction. *SQUEEE* K-FED CELLS! I WANT!!!!

It may sound odd, but the NSA and Google are bound to have at least casual ties, since they compete for the same employees. Cryptography and SE operations share a lot of the same maths (or "math" as you insist on calling it), and there has been movement of personnel between the 2

It may sound odd, but the NSA and Google are bound to have at least casual ties, since they compete for the same employees. Cryptography and SE operations share a lot of the same maths (or "math" as you insist on calling it), and there has been movement of personnel between the 2

Damn limey trying to edumacate us on our language...Go get your own language and stop copying us!

I just look back at history and laugh because so many people ahead of the pack were always considered crazy until...well...until the naysayers finally catch up and start accepting/understanding what some knew long before them. Yes, crazy today, next event confirming what's crazy today, yup, then you knew it too..lol. That's such an easy way to live, that's for sure!

How nice, criminals protecting criminals.

The robed tyrants are criminals as are the spies at the NSA.

I just look back at history and laugh because so many people ahead of the pack were always considered crazy until...well...until the naysayers finally catch up and start accepting/understanding what some knew long before them. Yes, crazy today, next event confirming what's crazy today, yup, then you knew it too..lol. That's such an easy way to live, that's for sure!

And yet, most of the people considered crazy were actually just crazy.

And yet, a lot of crazy people (run and hide) changed the world for the better...lol. Like Sir Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, and Christopher Langan (this last one is my opinion after listening to him speak) just to name a few. We need crazy people sometimes, accept it, and move on.

Snip on Isaac.
When he did devote time to serious science, some of his methods didn’t exactly indicate soundness of mind. While studying lights and colors, Newton once stuck a big needle in his eye socket to determine what was back there. He also once stared at the sun so long that he had to spend days in a darkened room to recover his vision. Some people use the word “crazy” to explain such behavior; we use the word “dedicated.”

A lot of the people said the government was listening to your phone calls were called crazy a few years back yet they turned out to be right.Every single phone call is analyzed for keywords. Common knowledge now. I bet you accept this one though...now!

A lot of people were called crazy because they knew GMO's were unhealthy AND...they're turning out to be right! Countries are banning them right now.

I believe Galileo suffered his fate from the same kind of people that you're comprised of. You don't believe something is real until all of your peers believe it to be real and by that time so many people knew it long before you accepted it, the crazy ones....lol.

“The thing about smart mother fuckers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to stupid mother fuckers...”

Back