Larry Page: Google+ Is The 'Social Spine'

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wanted to make fun of Larry Page's "the Social Spine" claim but, when you really think about it, I think he actually is the first (and only) person to ever lay claim to that title. :eek:

Google CEO Larry Page, in the company's earnings call today, spent several minutes talking about the company's social product, Google+. He called it the "social spine," reminding listeners that the service isn't just a destination, but a unifying social framework for all Google's products.

Well shit, I guess I'm a Jellyfish when it comes to using Google+.

I personally like g+ more than the facebook. Better photosharing for sure.

He's suffering from illusions of grandeur and making grandiose claims. The "social spine"?! Google+ is in it's infancy. Sure it has 170 million, ok, that's a lot, but how many of those 170m aren't just curious to see what it does so they activate it? FB has almost 652m users.

I bet it will only increase in time but I think it's premature to call it "the Social Spine".

More often than not I forget that google+ even exists. I go on there every few months and discover that only a few of my friends are active there, so I forget about it again.

Back