April Fools' Roundup: Kodak Kittens, Gmail Tap, and More!

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Today is the first day of April and as such it is April Fool’s Day; Like you didn’t already know that. :D We hope you had a pleasant one and didn’t fall for too many of the Internet’s pranks (and there were many). Instead of listing some of the better pranking sites ourselves, we have deferred to PCMag who did all of the footwork for us. :cool:

To spare you from having to hunt down the official websites of every product manufacturer or company you care for to see all the craziness they've posted for today, we've gathered up our favorite April Fools' gags

I really REALLY hate this day, not because I fall for everything under the Sun, but because sometimes the pranks are outrageous enough to seem real (more so a reflection on society than the prank mind you).

Google Map quest, yeah I fell for that, but because it was up yesterday not on April 1st. And PC Mag people are idiots, it's not something akin to Dwarf Fortress, it's Dragon Quest, hell if you watch the video they even have the DQ movie, it's called Google Quest too. Ahem... I hate this day.

In google, if you type "weather" you get the weather, along with drop-down boxes to let you decide what the weather for the week will be.

googleweather.jpg

My favorite, even though it's not on this list was that Adult Swim revived Toonami in all of its glory from midnight onward.

For one night, I got a chance to relive all those great moments from my childhood.

Google Map quest, yeah I fell for that, but because it was up yesterday not on April 1st. And PC Mag people are idiots, it's not something akin to Dwarf Fortress, it's Dragon Quest, hell if you watch the video they even have the DQ movie, it's called Google Quest too. Ahem... I hate this day.

The Google Maps Quest one is actually up on maps.google.com - and it's awesome. Obviously the Nintendo/Famicon cartridge part is a joke, but you can actually go use it in 8-bit mode.

And timezones, how do they work? ;) :p

The Google Maps Quest one is actually up on maps.google.com - and it's awesome. Obviously the Nintendo/Famicon cartridge part is a joke, but you can actually go use it in 8-bit mode.

4504012062_cd412cea7d.jpg

I started my Quest today,
google-maps-8bit.jpg

It's a bit sad that in the US the old shows are only "brought back" briefly through that Toonami thing in Adult Swim. Local TV stations regularly show those very same shows here. Then there's also Animax.

I'm suprised that the Razer Snake Eyes did not make the short list.

I told my wife she could get a new SUV if she got me, the MSRP is only about $800 so it is more than a fair trade.

• Wearing SnakeEyes may lead to high lady aggro due to dramatically increased fashionable style. Note: Lady aggro has been known to lead to tearin what you wearing and going too far.
  • SnakeEyes has been known to cause retinal image burn. Avoid staring at objects for longer than 5 seconds.
  • Do not stare into the Sun while wearing SnakeEyes as this may cause temporary blindness and/or future sight. If future sight does occur, please use your new powers for good.
  • Edibility rating is subjective and open to interpretation.
  • Please note that family pets are not food. This is a known bug and Capt. Scruffels will be removed from the NCS recipe list in the next update.

It's a bit sad that in the US the old shows are only "brought back" briefly through that Toonami thing in Adult Swim. Local TV stations regularly show those very same shows here. Then there's also Animax.

It's not about the shows - it's the whole package with TOM, the bumps and the videos. If you never saw Toonami as a kid you wouldn't understand.

Back