How Much is Each Facebook User Worth?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The buzz is all about the upcoming Facebook IPO and the astronomical $103-104 Billion evaluation of the company. With numbers comes statistics and the question here is with those kind of numbers how much are the average user worth to Facebook since the user (you) is their only stock in trade?

Because accumulating data about you isn’t just a strange hobby for these corporations. It’s their whole business model. And you are not their client. You are their product.

So what if everybody started providing false info to facebook, would that mean FB is liable for false advertisement? :D

Should add facebook trading. Where you can buy and sell users on the stock market :)

Way overvalued in my opinion. Even with all the user data, I'd have to say nearly 50% of that is false data from spammers, kids with fake information to get an account, fake information to make the user look better, and dormant accounts.

I wouldn't trust the information at all.

Way overvalued in my opinion. Even with all the user data, I'd have to say nearly 50% of that is false data from spammers, kids with fake information to get an account, fake information to make the user look better, and dormant accounts.

They don't make their money off of the data mining. (well sort of)

Its all add revinue, and its a pretty big deal...

Well if you render each user down to soap...maybe $10-$30 each depending on the bodyfat percentage.

I got rid of facebook last year, dont think I will ever go back on.
Its skynets tool to gather info on us :D

Between facebook and google I dunno who is worse about sharing private info and sadly there is no opt out option

That information isn't too relevant.

They are more interested in the pages you "like". That tells advertisers.. Oh hey the 12-17 age bracket enjoys Twilight, Taco Bell, and Sharpie Markers.

Back