Facebook Tool Helps Curb Annoying Friends

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here's a handy new tool for Facebook that allows you to put your friends that annoy you on a list so you see less of their content. :cool:

When you add friends to your Acquaintances list they won’t be unfriended or notified. You’ll just see fewer of their posts in news feed. To try the new tool, go to your Friends page, select the Acquaintances list and click See All Suggestions.

Sure, just enable classic passive-aggressive behavior as supposed to just telling your friends to STFU.

"Unfriend"

or

"Unsubscribe from status updates from [annoying friend]"

Beats using a app that probably requires you to give them rights to take naked photos of you taking a dump.

I'd say about 95% or more of a person's friends list are aquaintences anyway and not true friends. So nothing shocking, really.

This is an interesting paradox to me. Facebook is nominally a tool to keep up with our friends and family, but we filter our friends and family.

But that's not the way I use it...for me, it's an event planner and a mass communication device. Organizing LAN parties, trips to conventions, and family gatherings is a whole hell of a lot easier on Facebook than by email.

Sure, just enable classic passive-aggressive behavior as supposed to just telling your friends to STFU.
This would just be passive behavior.

This is an interesting paradox to me. Facebook is nominally a tool to keep up with our friends and family, but we filter our friends and family.
I guess I enjoy seeing the occasional picture of my cousin's baby. However, I don't enjoy scrolling the feed for 3 minutes because my cousin thinks she needs to update the world with photographs every time the kid moves into a different pose... I blocked her on my feed a while back. I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm sure she's moved on to videos of crying fits or audio of the kid farting by now...

Then there's the chain-mail suckers. Re-posting a status a million times won't stop world hunger, just an FYI... I love how they try to guilt you into re-posting that crap too with the last sentence being something like "If you're my friend, you better re-post this" or "Copy and Paste to your status this if you don't kick puppies" ... yup, more blocked "friends"

THEN there's the overly-political posters. Very similar to the chain-mail suckers, except they occasionally post something that is actually worth reading (not often, though)... I don't need 15 articles on the merits of global warming. I don't need you to post every video of Ron Paul that youtube has to offer. Just take a break... seriously...

So I could see the need for this functionality, but not in a 3rd-part app. While I don't want to shut these people off completely (don't ask me why) I wouldn't mind their crap being knocked down a few pegs. At least let other people post some things before your next status update...

Adding my wife and her mom to this...no more annoying my husband doesn't do anything posts

Why would anyone block people? There are some pure comedic posts that I come across from time to time from people who are knuckle heads.

Back