New Yahoo CEO Set To Layoff Thousands

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Yahoo's new CEO is applying the age old "fire as many people as possible" tactic to solving the company's money problems.

According to multiple sources both inside and outside the Silicon Valley Internet giant, Yahoo’s CEO Scott Thompson is preparing a massive restructuring of the company, including layoffs that are likely to number in the thousands.

Yahoo has been tanking fire a while and they can't seem to figure out how to gain public interest again. Used to be my goto place years ago, but that has since changed, and their Android apps are so horrible, battery draining, and lacking functionality that they are not helping themselves.

Sounds like a classic CEO move called CYA.

Yahoo should use look to merge with another company. Its lost its relevance and really offers anything unique that you can't get from the competition.

I might actually take a few seconds to potentially think about, possibly using Yahoo if Yahoo.com wasn't a complete cluster f.

I bailed on Yahoo! after getting sick of seeing Obama in several headlines every day. They pump out biased news, trying to brainwash the teen/20-something Twitter demographic.

They should have sold to Microsoft for what was it, $27/share?... what a bad decision they made... shortly after MSoft launched Bing.

What a fall for yahoo.

I bailed on Yahoo! after getting sick of seeing Obama in several headlines every day. They pump out biased news, trying to brainwash the teen/20-something Twitter demographic.

...huh?

Get some help, man.

must be awesome being CEO...
company profits ->get huge bonus
company failing ->layoff 100s/1000s of employees, get huge bonus
get fired ->get mega bonus, join new company,get huge bonus

must be awesome being CEO...
company profits ->get huge bonus
company failing ->layoff 100s/1000s of employees, get huge bonus
get fired ->get mega bonus, join new company,get huge bonus

lol yeah, the sad reality of the 1%. It's sad that the first move is to always lay off people. Just comes to show how selfish these bastards are. Laying off is the easiest route, but not the most moral, but CEOs don't really care about what's best for other people, only what's best for the company/them (mostly them).

Not only do they make 100's of thousand per year but they get huge bonuses on top of it all.

Back