Asus Z77-I Deluxe mini-itx Ivy Bridge OC ready Dedicated "DIGI VRM for ITX" pictured!

jy43

n00b
Source: (chinese + pictures)

http://www.chiphell.com/thread-375773-1-1.html
http://www.chiphell.com/thread-375754-1-1.html (thread contain other z77 atx, matx ROG boards)

171951q1z75xx9q5w3z93m.jpg

173911daaaabko115751a5.jpg

173932dyj4ar6gdtgjppte.jpg

173949h7o8ool7klpwpp9s.jpg

174008z2kb1011mh26tknn.jpg

M5F
1721229jgj9qm5jbm5v54m.jpg

M5G
172119od9dykl92n1k30ao.jpg

isn't it amazing? Finally a mature itx board that can do decent OC by ASUS !!! can't wait! :eek:

Last edited:
What I'm interested in is that barb-like looking thing on the Maximus V Formula. Possible watercooling integration in the stock heatsink?

What I'm interested in is that barb-like looking thing on the Maximus V Formula. Possible watercooling integration in the stock heatsink?

looks like so, also the mini-pic on the top-left for wireless card or msata ssd:D

Is this a Deja Vu? or did some other company already have also put a mPCIE port at the top left of a mobo? Did I dream about that it will happen one day or I have read that somewhere else? Feels like I saw this concept like a week or two before @_@

PS. please tell me that I m wrong... and that I m just imagining things...

Last edited:
ITX board looks AWESOME, wonder what heatsinks will fit on that...

Hmmm, while I like that a solid mitx Z77 board is going to be available, the layout leaves me undecided.

Good: The CPU is in the middle of the board so that should help open up the possibilities for more 3rd party cooling solutions. Unlike most current sandy bridge mitx boards, it looks like this one could fit a Scythe Big Shuriken (unless it runs into that digi vrm riser card).

Questionable: The SATA connectors are in a strange location and I wonder about cable snarl down in that corner of the board, especially if a person is going to use 3 or 4 cables. The USB3 headers are also stuffed in a weird spot if someone is expecting to use these to connect to the front of the case.

Still, overall good news.

8pin CPU with 8 phase VRM. Hopefully this board won't turn out like another Zotac Z68. Thinking an AIO watercooling solution will be best for cooling a CPU on this board but unfortunately that is definitely not ideal for cooling that VRM daughter board.

Questionable: The SATA connectors are in a strange location and I wonder about cable snarl down in that corner of the board, especially if a person is going to use 3 or 4 cables.

There have been other ITX boards with such a SATA port layout. For instance my DFI socket 1156 board has the 3 SATA ports there. Also, the current Foxconn ITX 1155 boards have the SATA ports there.

WOW, this is a serious ITX board. I remember the VRM modules from my Pentium Pro board and was wondering if anyone would do that for ITX after seeing all the throttling issues with ASRock.

one minor known issue for this board:

same design as H67/deluxe of it. the latch for PIC-E slot is on the WRONG side!!! making it extremely HARD to detach a two-slot graphic card while in the case.

by looking at he board, it's running out of space though. such a small board to fit all of these in, good work asus!

WHY !!!! must it be blue...... whats wrong with black like the asrock....

other then that, epic win. decent amount of VRMS with heatsink and CPU sock isnt next to the dreaded PCIe slot. only other complain is the tiny bridge sink and the location of the sata ports

I wonder if you can put the M5F WC ready heatsink onto the M5G

Last edited:
Interesting to note on the mitx board that the memory slots only have the latching mechanism on the side near the PCI-e slot. Looks like it is just an open slot next to the VRM daughter card (latch would collide with the daughter card so...). Don't think that would be much of an issue most of the time as properly seated memory should stay put. Will see in the long run if that's enough for people with LAN party boxes that get jostled around more.

It may be, though, that they have some kind of push-down mechanism that secures the other side? Would have to be another part that isn't shown in the images.

Last edited:
Cool. Guess it is a tested and road worthy design since I haven't seen anyone complain about it on those other boards. It's an interesting board to me so I guess I'm looking at little details that I may have glossed over in previous designs (boards that I have not used in a build).

Nice mini-beast board. I just wish it would use SO-DIMMS instead. It would save a lot of space and make for a better layout The power connector next to the memory slots is annoying because Pico PSUs end up pushing on one of the DIMMs if it has a heat spreader.

Nice mini-beast board. I just wish it would use SO-DIMMS instead. It would save a lot of space and make for a better layout The power connector next to the memory slots is annoying because Pico PSUs end up pushing on one of the DIMMs if it has a heat spreader.

I'd agree if it is an non-OC board, like asus does on their H67 itx boards. to allow space for ports and other stuff.

It will be sad to see So-dimm rams on this board as it is designed for OC.

I'd agree if it is an non-OC board, like asus does on their H67 itx boards. to allow space for ports and other stuff.

It will be sad to see So-dimm rams on this board as it is designed for OC.

I'm pretty sure 2000Mhz+ Sodimm exists. I see 1866 everywhere and Samsung's 1600 low voltage Sodimm speed/timings are rated way lower than what they're capable of .

I'm pretty sure 2000Mhz+ Sodimm exists. I see 1866 everywhere and Samsung's 1600 low voltage Sodimm speed/timings are rated way lower than what they're capable of .

well, in my country (new zealand), we have 1333Mhz everywhere and occasionally 1600Mhz :(

1866Mhz or 2000Mhz plus should be enough for a itx board like that.:D

I guess this is as close to a ROG ITX board as we're going to get...

Looks pretty good.

cant wait to see this available then i can finally see what my 2500k can oc to

hugs

Jen

Wow. This mobo with a Noctua NH-C14 in a SG08. Yes please!

I'll Second that!! Pretty much what I was thinking. :D

And why not throw a 7970 in there while we are at it!

I can't afford that, but someone will and they will post pics, and I will have to clean my Keyboard.... OF DROOL of course!! >.> <.<

Back