Destroy Digital Evidence Before It Destroys You

HardOCP News

[H] News
Do people really use this kinda stuff? Just in case, I'll pretend to be flabbergasted that people use this...while you guys hurry up and copy down the links.

Are you a sexting flirt? Those text messages can hang you during a digital age divorce. To protect your privacy from snoops, why not use one of these messaging services that will destroy the evidence after it's viewed?

I guess it makes sense for criminals and cheaters since regular texts are saved by your provider for over a year and easily attainable with a warrant.

I guess it makes sense for criminals and cheaters since regular texts are saved by your provider for over a year and easily attainable with a warrant.

No, they aren't. I think it was only AT&T that stores them that long, all others keep them for a very brief period of time.

I use this and I am always ready to hit my hardrives with a powerful magnet at the first sign of trouble.

Having worked for an international mobile carrier before, I can tell you that they don't just go out and save all your texts to a giant text file with your name on it just for the hell of it. It's kept as part of signaling information for troubleshooting purposes, and you are looking at a month tops.

The amount of space needed to save a year's worth of text messages would be insane. It's not like you just buy a SAN and pop it full of 3Terabyte HDDs and go crazy.

Back