Enermax Revolution87+ 1000W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Enermax Revolution87+ 1000W Power Supply Review - Enermax is and has been a favorite brand with HardOCP for many years now. Today it is showing off its new Revolution 87+ series suggesting 87% efficiency or better at all times. Coming in at a full kilowatt of supplied power, designed with ZERO LOAD sleep states in mind, and 24-7 at 50C performance, this should be one tough PSU.

I can safely say I prefer enermax psu to most other brands. I read [H] reviews on psu and understand what they are saying but at the end of the day an enermax psu has never failed me. I have a couple 430w and a 600w psu that were all replaced because I needed more power as the 12V requirement on computers increased where the 5v requirement decreased. I have had other brand psu that have quit on me but Enermax has never failed me. I am currently using a revolution 85+ 850w model. It can handle my 500W draw on it regularly.

I also like that they try to stay honest with their ratings and specs. I just dislike the prices. But I get my moneys worth when they never die.

Good job on not cheapening the [H] Silver award. If you're at all shaky about it, don't. That keeps the [H] award from suffering from the same "score inflation" video game reviewers do.

"WHAT?! It didn't get a silver?! WTF is wrong with you, you piece of shit guy Kyle?!?!?! Fuck HardOCP and fuck you guy and fuck my life I can't believe this great PSU didn't get a silver!!!! I'm never coming back and who is with me let's all leave and never come back!!!! This is the end of HardOCP because I'm pissed and only 15 (okay, 13, but almost 14) and I've never been laid and the Internet is serious business!!! FUCK!!!"

I'm sure everyone who read the review knows it's a good P/S from a great and highly-trustworthy company. If it didn't get a silver, we know why and can still make an informed decision, just like we would have done regardless of whether it got a silver or gold.

Great review. A really really great review. Despite that it didn't get a silver, Enermax and Ecomaster definitely deserve some credit here. Kudos all around

Back