Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign-Ups

Signed up last night once I got home and was able to perform the system diagnostic. Got my confirmation email just a minute later.

I've sunk countless hours into the original GW and its expansions- and it is still installed. The game is great value for the $$ and the no monthly fee business model is what kept me playing (and away from WoW, Rift, etc). I know its counter to the design of a MMO, but I appreciate the fact that I could PVE through the thing by myself at my own pace and essentially treat it as an adventure RPG. Just never had the time/availability to join a guild; bummer, because it makes sense that folks in guilds would get some beta priority as a reward for their dedication.

Looks interesting. I just looks to me that you almost have to constently have to play. For me, I have problems playing the same game over and over for more than a week or two. I switch around from WoW to BF3 to my xbox playing Bateman AC and i just started the Assassine Creed series. With so little time to play any of them, Maybe 4hrs a night, that by the time I get back to GW2, I would have to relearn what is happening.

Sign ups started yesterday and they're only open for 24 hours so don't delay if you're interested.

GW was and still is one of the best games EVER. Right up there with Diablo II. I thought i was going to have to choose between them but Diablo III being delayed again...... made up my mind for me.

If you loved DAOC, you'll want this ASAP.

If your playing SWTOR and looking for the next best thing.....GW2 all day.

Lame, i had to sign up using my work Core2Duo/Quadro FX laptop.

Just to let everyone know, this is going to be a staged BETA. What does that mean? Means that everyone that signs up wont get picked for the first week's play, but might get to play in another part of the BETA in the following weeks. Also if your picked right away doesn't mean you will get to play every stage of the BETA, you might get to play one week but not the following weeks.

Once you sign up tho you don't have to sign up for the other stages of the BETA you are already eligible to be picked.

I don't work for ArenaNet, I just read the FAQ when I sighed up.

Signed up. (Ran the scannertron in wine though, don't have windows lol)

Man, you status report back to ArenaNet is going to be funky. Then again, it will probably be so bizarre, that they are going to want your participation, so they can test out an extreme config scenario... WHY didn't I think of that??!! :eek: DOH!

The video makes the game look great. Hopefully it can be played casually and still be fun.

if you are a DAoC fan check out some Youtube videos of the server vs server PvP....the map is HUGE, it looks like it's going to be a ton of fun, that's plenty enough for me to warrant buying the game.

Hopefully it can be played casually and still be fun.

Should be able to. There's no gear treadmill in GW, and you'll automatically be scaled to whatever PvE/PvP zone you enter. So whenever you want to pick it up, no matter how long you've played, you'll be able to participate in whatever activity with whatever friends you like.

Ran Scannertron, click Send, and nothing happens. No browser window opens. Fail.

ran scannertron, did my application request n all, but 8 hours gone by and still no word :(

Also, if anyone is interested, there was a Press Beta Weekend recently, so there is footage from that up on YouTube for folks to watch, if you want to see more (see Yogscast, for example). Sign up first, though, if you want in!

Been watching a lot of gameplay vids. Can't wait. Could be my "Game of the Year". So many recent disappointments in the MMORPG genre. I'd love something to come out that is really, really good.

do they still run that stupid NCsoft anti hacking tool that borks your mouse and keyboard applications.?

basically disabled mouse and keyboard macros and extra buttons on some mice... hated that in Aion

I wish they invested more time getting this out sooner than throwing out several PVE expansion packs that segmented the community... I would have been first in line to grab this 2 years ago but now it will be hard for me regain my interest

I wish they invested more time getting this out sooner than throwing out several PVE expansion packs that segmented the community... I would have been first in line to grab this 2 years ago but now it will be hard for me regain my interest

The last content expansion for Guild Wars was Eye of the North, and even that was released in August of 2007, which was almost five years ago. That's five years of development spent purely on Guild Wars 2 (it was announced in March of 2007). Not sure you could ask for more than that. Particularly when you consider that, for all intents and purposes, this game has been designed from the ground up to break the MMO mold. It's not just a re-hash of GW1. Or WoW dressed in different clothes.

Back