Corsair Hydro Series H100

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the Corsair Hydro Series H100 posted at circuitREMIX today that is worth checking out. You can see our evaluation here for comparison purposes.

Today I'll be looking at a modern version of an all-in-one liquid cooling kit, a class of product I used to dismiss. But it's been a long time, and as with any other category of computer component, I'd expect this class to evolve for the better over time. Representing our first look at a modern all-in-one liquid cooling kit is Corsair's H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU cooler.

Corsair is a company really on the ball these days. I love all their stuff, and when I need something I first check to see if Corsair makes it. If they do, I buy it.

RAM, Air Coolers, Cases, Speakers, etc... I own all their stuff and every piece has been top notch so far.

I am particularly fond of the 650D case. It's pure class all the way.

I don't think any speaker system will ever surpass the Klipsh ProMedia Ultra's, but I have their 2500's and they are far, far more musical than the POS Logitech 5500's I have on another machine.

I'll tell ya one thing...the 140mm fan I yanked out of a dead Corsair PSU sure is nice...really blows a ton of air.

most of the parts that i could get corsair, I did. PSU, case, ram, and when go for a ssd i will most likely grab a corsair as well.

Incredibly quality stuff. Not once have i had an issue with any of their products.

and TechLarry, I agree. I have the 650D and love it. Very clean, nothing too flashy going on, and all the functions you want in a case. Not too expensive either.

You can see our[H] evaluation here for comparison purposes. Read [H] evaluation and bought for my new system. I'm happy to say the least. When I Fold after a few minutes my fans kick in, not enough to bother me and my Asus AI Suite II states that my cpu is at 32c never goes higher, actually I should take my heat gun and see what it registers. I'm also not OCing my SB yet either. AS an after thought if someone had time, I'd like to see what the temp readings would be if you take the paint off the cooling fins. I'm sure it would be even better numbers. The paint makes it look pretty but defeats the cooling. As enthusiasts, getting a few degrees lower outways the pretty paint job.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put too much faith in the Asus AI Suite readings. Download Core Temp or Real Temp.

Nice system and review. Something to keep in mind the next time I upgrade and decide to go away with my DIY water cooling system

I love my H100, I've been folding for a few hours in a 30-35C room at 4.5Ghz/1.38V and I am stable at 50C right now. Also just added another fan to the bottom of my case that blows air across the motherboard and into the H100 fans/rad, this seemed to greatly improve the coolers performance.

418807_10150560019033155_541148154_8961897_875843343_n.jpg

Back