Skyrim 1.4 Patch On Steam

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda says the new Skyrim 1.4 patch is now on Steam. Everyone head on over to see if we have performance improvements this time or more backward flying dragons. :D

Today we’ve taken Skyrim’s 1.4 update out of beta and made it available for everyone on Steam. In addition to bug and quest fixes, 1.4 adds launcher support for the Skyrim Workshop. Currently we’re putting the final touches on the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop and will let everyone know as soon as they’re up. As an update to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users, we’re submitting 1.4 to the console manufacturers this week. When these updates are available, we’ll let everyone know.

can anyone verify speed increases? I heard it was rumored that this sped up cpu similar to sky boost patches.

thanks for doing nothing but pointing out the obvious. Can someone that has it install run some number comparisons? I wasn't asking you to dictate a changelog.

I have beta 1.4 installed and it does exactly what it says it does.
It is better than skyboost. Went from High settings to Ultra.

1.3 was seriously unoptimized.

Random crashes to desktop now (never happened before) and oddball shadow issues.

Anyone else crashing like crazy now?

Did your ini files reset causing conflict with previous settings ? like say ugrid.... shadow shimmering ?

can anyone verify speed increases? I heard it was rumored that this sped up cpu similar to sky boost patches.

Yeah in a sense it is the same type of fix so you may see like 1-2+ fps difference between sky boost w/o using sky boost :p.

But compared to vanilla you can get anywhere from 10~15+ fps difference.

Now if they would just add multi-screen support without us having to use Haydens mod. Haydens mod is no longer working again due to the patch. I am sure he will update soon to correct this but it would be nice if Skyrim would work naturally for multi-monitors. This game screams to be played in Surround video/Eyefinity.

Yep, with the beta 1.4 patch (haven't gotten a chance to run the non-beta) crossfire eyefinity performance with my pair of 6950's is still dismal. Better than pre 1.4, but still dismal.

I don't see a point in benching the game again unless you add on a highly tweaked ini, 2k textures, and maybe one of the fxaa injectors just to show how much of a filter is on the game by default.

Played a bit no crash.

There's a big difference compared to skyboost that you can't compare with just max frame in whiterun.
I'm getting around 48~ frames in fields with same setting i had before , yet whiterun gets only a few frames more.
Not only that before i couldn't use ultra settings , but now i can

I'm getting less frames in caves.... more fog and particle effects :/

Ultra shadows give me 19 frames instead of 8 ... still not playable... but they did something.

I don't see a point in benching the game again unless you add on a highly tweaked ini, 2k textures, and maybe one of the fxaa injectors just to show how much of a filter is on the game by default.

My argument for benching it again is simple and follows.

They used 1.3 cause that as the offcial version and understandable.

Alot of us were using skyboost that gave us 50% in frames over 1.3.

Patch 1.4 is how the game should've been released in the fist place.
That is optimized for pc.

Supersampling might actualy be viable.

Great news. I'm just going to wait until the game hits <50$ and i'll buy :)

The game definitely needs to be re-benched. The previous benchmarks are completely irrelevant now. I've moved up at least one "tier" in terms of image quality and framerate on my mid-range system due to the 50-70% boost from this patch.

Yeah this patch made a huge difference for me. Whiterun went from choppy in the mid 30's to smooth as silk at 60 with vsync on at the same settings. I had thought the cities were CPU limited before, didn't realize the optimization was so poor.

Back