7 Signs We're Living In The Post-Privacy Era

HardOCP News

[H] News
Even with the overabundance of lolcat pictures, this is a pretty good article.

Whether by corporate subterfuge, government decree, hacker invasion and our own ambivalence, our digital rights have never faced more peril than they will in 2012. Here's a look at the most egregious losses in privacy — the ways in which the stage was set — during this past year.

Yep all those paranoid people 10+ years ago going nuts about everything they did being recorded don't look crazy anymore.

Yep all those paranoid people 10+ years ago going nuts about everything they did being recorded don't look crazy anymore.

Sadly, I continue to receive static from people over my purposeful non use of crap like facebook. I have gone out of my way over the years to keep my information private and this article highlights exactly why. Yet people will continue to stick their fingers in their ears and shout "la la la" as loud as they can to try and ignore reality.

Sadly, I continue to receive static from people over my purposeful non use of crap like facebook. I have gone out of my way over the years to keep my information private and this article highlights exactly why. Yet people will continue to stick their fingers in their ears and shout "la la la" as loud as they can to try and ignore reality.

Those kinds of people are the majority, and the reason we are doomed as a society to fall, accelerated by the government, into some scary crap.

Back