Case Labs MAGNUM M8 Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Legit Reviews had nothing but nice things to say about the Case Labs MAGNUM M8 extra wide case.

This case as been awe inspiring since it hit our dock given the number of options and the sheer size of the MAGNUM M8. Case Labs obviously put a lot of time into the design and listened to a lot of customer feedback and then combined that with the skill and tools to make this work of art.

I was so close to buying one of these that my finger hovered over the order submit button.
The cost and options can quickly bump this case to the $450-500 mark, and I wasn't prepared to pay that much for a case right now.

Not exactly the prettiest case but all that is sacrificed for sheer options and the ability to mount almost anything.

Hopefully due to volume of sales and cost benefits of mass production, the price will go down in the future. But at $350+ its still a bargain in comparison to that $800 thermaltake POS.

I am seriously considering a Case Labs product for when I switch over to water cooling. Love the nearly unprecedented ability to setup the case just how I want it and I also enjoy that it is an American Made product. But cost, is a real issue. While the base box is ~350, after accounting for options and shipping I can see a Case Labs box as easily being in the $500-600 range. The upper end of this price range would be especially easy for me to reach as I would most likely be getting a T10 or a TH10. Compared to ~$220-250 for a Black Hawk Ultra or similar styled cases that nearly meets my exact wants, it is a very tough decision.

I am seriously considering a Case Labs product for when I switch over to water cooling. Love the nearly unprecedented ability to setup the case just how I want it and I also enjoy that it is an American Made product. But cost, is a real issue. While the base box is ~350, after accounting for options and shipping I can see a Case Labs box as easily being in the $500-600 range. The upper end of this price range would be especially easy for me to reach as I would most likely be getting a T10 or a TH10. Compared to ~$220-250 for a Black Hawk Ultra or similar styled cases that nearly meets my exact wants, it is a very tough decision.

That's the issue I ran into also. The Lian Li Z70 went on sale at the same time for $225 while I was considering buying the M8. I still think Caselabs have the better case because of options, but I'll make it my 2013 case. For now the Z70 will be my 2012 case.

It could potentially be another $200-300 on top of that if you decide to get it from FTWPC for custom powdercoat options. It's a mighty tempting case but I don't need anything quite that large at the moment, even with the M8 being the smallest they've made to date :D

Back