Google Yanks Gmail iOS App

HardOCP News

[H] News
Were you one of the people waiting for the official Gmail iOS app? Well, I guess you will be waiting a little longer, Google yanked the app today after a few hours because of broken notifications. The company says it will have a new version out "soon."

We've reached out to Google to find out why this much-delayed app was launched with buggy code and a lack of native email hosting. But in the meantime, let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Sounds like it was pretty buggy according to Engadget. Bake it a little more Google not everything should be a public beta.

I was really looking forward to this app to replace the built in email app, but I rather have a polished app than a beta software.

Looks like Google's still not out of their perpetual beta stage.

But anyways, I've always used the built-in email client which works just fine for my exchange and gmail accounts. No need for redundant apps on my phone - redundant for me anyways.

Looks like Google's still not out of their perpetual beta stage.

But anyways, I've always used the built-in email client which works just fine for my exchange and gmail accounts. No need for redundant apps on my phone - redundant for me anyways.

Redundant if you don't use some of the features that just don't work with the Email App or that don't work well. To me, this includes:
-Viewing and starring emails
-Forcing a refresh of emails that are forwarded to main
-Email search
-Changing sending email address

Redundant if you don't use some of the features that just don't work with the Email App or that don't work well. To me, this includes:
-Viewing and starring emails
-Forcing a refresh of emails that are forwarded to main
-Email search
-Changing sending email address

You can star emails and search in the regular iPhone Gmail service.

Hit the Move button and move the email to the Starred folder.

But as I said, it would be redundant to me. I don't use these filters and such. My Gmail account is always cleaned out and I never have more than 10 emails in there. It's good enough for me! =)

Back