Why Hasn't Yahoo Been Acquired Yet?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is "because they suck" a legitimate answer?

Despite the alleged intentions of its board, as well as rumored interest from Google and Microsoft, among others, momentum for a potential acquisition of Yahoo has stalled. But why? The company’s sale has been thwarted by its “lack of strategy” and “restrictive confidentiality agreement,” unnamed sources told Reuters.

Yahoo is that girl you wanted to date. She was looking good a couple years ago when you offered to take her out to a movie and a nice dinner, but she demanded to go to a broadwa show and a 3 Michelin star restaurant so nothing ever happened. So 3 years or so later, she doesn't age well and not looking all that hot and no one would want to take her out to McDonald's.

Yahoo is that girl you wanted to date. She was looking good a couple years ago when you offered to take her out to a movie and a nice dinner, but she demanded to go to a broadwa show and a 3 Michelin star restaurant so nothing ever happened. So 3 years or so later, she doesn't age well and not looking all that hot and no one would want to take her out to McDonald's.

I was going to say something similar lol..

Yahoo is like that one really hot college cheerleader you could never work up the nerve to ask out. Fast forward a few years you find out she is single, has 2 kids, has put on 100lbs and isn't someone you would even offer a drink at a bar for a 1 night stand anymore. :D

Maybe he's talking about the fact that if you amass that much wealth you will have had your conscience co-opted and will have sold your soul to keep it.

Wouldn't "DO EVERYTHING!" count as a strategy? So why mention “lack of strategy”?

Yahoo already had almost everything that Google and Microsoft has, internet-wise at least.
E-mail, news site, blogs, social network (as Y! Groups and as Y! Pulse), instant messaging, search engine (well it's Bing-powered now though), games, shopping, etc.

Y! as a whole isn't worth much. The only things that are worth getting is Y!mail and Flickr. Everything else is just crap that would just get thrown away. Google really isn't interested in providing rehashed content and Microsoft is really only interested in the user generated content. Everything else they do better. If Y! really wants to do a part out sale, they'll need to find a different audience.

Yahoo has infiltrated AT&T. They keep trying to force me to change my login to go through Yahoo. Sucks because I do not want to put all the personal information they ask for in a yahoo account. Not that they don't already have it anyway.

What ever happenned to the ISPs of old where you paid them each month and they give you service...no questions asked?

Back