Google Bought 27 Companies In 3Q

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google spent more than a half billion dollars on 27 companies in the third quarter. That's almost sixty acquisitions so far this year and they still have three months to go. :eek:

Google spent more than $500 million to acquire another 27 companies during the third quarter, the busiest shopping spree in the Internet search leader's history. The latest flurry of deals raised Google's acquisition count to 57 companies through the first nine months of the year. That already exceeds Google Inc.'s previous annual record of 48 acquisitions reached last year.

Oops, pressed wrong button.

Get-In-Mah-Belly-36567600729.jpeg

When there'll be no other companies left, they'll have no choice but buy themselves...
Oh wait, they're already doing that, buying their own stock for employee bonuses and such.

Meh they're doing that to buy up IP they've stolen from other companies.

(yeah I'm being cynical)

Good for Google. Search is getting better and SEO black hats are feeling the wrath.

When there'll be no other companies left, they'll have no choice but buy themselves...
Oh wait, they're already doing that, buying their own stock for employee bonuses and such.

They either buy it all up, and give it away free usually

Or if they can't buyout, they copy and compete in a better way.

Not many diverse tech companies like Google, really..... *shrug* so how can anyone else compete when they don't really try to manipulate Google's "takeover tech" tactic?

Had this been apple to buy these companies you'd see more rage in this thread. but since its google, its okay regardless of what the future is for these companies and their employees.
Since Google is not a patent troll, this is perfectly normal.

I don't know what to think of that number... it seems excessive. Google is really fricking huge.

They either buy it all up, and give it away free usually

Or if they can't buyout, they copy and compete in a better way.

Not many diverse tech companies like Google, really..... *shrug* so how can anyone else compete when they don't really try to manipulate Google's "takeover tech" tactic?

well the obvious competitor, Microsoft would get crucified with anti-trust lawsuits if they went at Google's pace of buyouts

Some people start companies with the sole purpose of being bought by a larger one and becoming rich. This isn't necessarily an evil move by Google. There were probably 57 good ideas out there but people didn't have the wherewithal to get their idea out there.

LOL.... I have seen so many "OMG I HATE GOOGLE NOW WITH PANDA!@&!&" hahhaa, so true though.
Panda didn't affect me :D

Yea I have seen a ton of complaints as well. I use really good original content, and since they first ran it I have seen really positive results. Article farms suck anyway.

Google, Don't be evil.
If can't innovate yourself, buy out those who can. Then buy some more.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Don't_be_evil

How can this in any way possibly be evil?

Had this been apple to buy these companies you'd see more rage in this thread. but since its google, its okay regardless of what the future is for these companies and their employees.

Yeah, they ended up working for fucking *GOOGLE*. You know, one of the best places to work in the world? The employees of those companies are almost certainly ecstatic.

Yeah, they ended up working for fucking *GOOGLE*. You know, one of the best places to work in the world? The employees of those companies are almost certainly ecstatic.
The actual truth is we won't know how many people were let go, I'm sure google didn't buy those companies for their employees. They bought them for whatever IP they were have/working on. Think back to Gizmo5.

The actual truth is we won't know how many people were let go, I'm sure google didn't buy those companies for their employees. They bought them for whatever IP they were have/working on. Think back to Gizmo5.

Yes, but those employees also created something Google thought was worth buying. Why *wouldn't* they keep them?

Yes, but those employees also created something Google thought was worth buying. Why *wouldn't* they keep them?
because big business don't work like that (not always)... you see mergers all the time, you think the parent company is gonna have 2 people doing the job of 1. No.

Back