Awesome Wood Case :D

Popas

n00b
Hello Everybody,
This is my recently completed custom built pc case, and yes it is built out of wood, specifically ebony, black heart sassafras for the main parts and the two black boxes are mdf and ply. It was done as a school project and it is massive... measuring up at around 28' long 10' and around 28' high (I forgot the height so it a pretty accurate guess).

It was built for the EVGA Classified SR-2 Board so it is pretty big, can hold a 4 x 140mm Radiator in the bottom box with fans on both sides if you want, holds 2 power supplies and last but not least it has a 15' high hard drive tower and that fits some number of hard drives.

The best part of all is that it can be put together without any screws so its easy to take apart and looks awesome if i might say so myself.

Here are a few pics of it the first few are of it finished and the last few are a few jumbled ones of it being built in no particular order.

mine2.jpg

A pic of the case fully done

2.jpg

Fully taken apart

5.jpg

Face part is off so you can see the hard drive tower (bit blurry)

6.jpg

The back part being cut out by a CNC

10.jpg

Making the hard drive tower with a lack of small clamps so strings came into the equation

9.jpg

One of the feet right after it was cut

8.jpg

Finishing of painting the boxes

7.jpg

The prototype face

Absolutely awesome!! I'd say that your case is headed for the front page as rig of the week. But you have to add pics with the components inside and working.

Congrats on such an awesome mod!!

OMG !!! :eek:

Awesome work dude :D

this rig's soooooo gonna be on the front page !!!

Amazing work! Keep us posted when you put the parts in it. I've always wanted to make a wood case. I look forward to seeing your temps.

Actually the airflow is pretty good, made is so they air is all pushed out through the back end since the two boxes and holes in them at the front which lets air come in and the two middle decks has a large amount of slots for airflow. So is all good :D and if there is to little flow ill just as some more fans.

I've done some woodworking in my day and I have to say that looks fantastic. Until I saw the detail I didn't realize that the imagine in the window was a face.

How did you get the grain lines to line up so well as to look like topography lines on the face? Or is that not made of wood? If that is the case, what is it made out of and how did you get the lines on there?

The face was actually made out of some structural plywood that was just glued together and put into a cnc machine where i managed to watch 3 movies before it was done.

Very cool... how are you going to turn it on? why is there no slot for a dvd drive?

Well while designing the case i pretty much decided it would be cooler to have a big red button on the desk to turn it on and the dvd drive on a very long cable on the desk as well so i wouldn't have to reach down to put a disk in. The back part has the big hole in it so you can cut out a piece of metal or wood to suit what you want coming out of it so a few extra cables is easy enough.

See, I told you it was going to be on the front page! Congrats!

Absolutely fan-F'ing-tastic work! All I got out of woodshop was a damn jewelry box :-(

I got a 47or 48 out of 50 (an A+) for the piece of work and the portfolio, i didn't drop any marks on the work only on the portfolio cause i did the dam 60 page (A3) thing in the 48 hours before it was due.

WOW very creative man and original nonetheless, Great job, can't wait to see some hardware in it though.

Heh - wish I had one of those CNC's :)
Nice work there - but yeah, want to see it with some hardware in there :)

One day that will happen when i have enough for all the parts, but for now its sitting on a podium at the exhibition at school

Back