Google Wallet Rollout Going 'Kind of Slow'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Citing several technical glitches, a Google spokesman admitted to a slower than expected rollout of Google Wallet. The new mobile payment App was officially launched on Monday and immediately saw problems with download availability.

Consumer Reports blogged on Wednesday that Google had rushed to get the first digital wallet on the market, adding that Google's "promotional promises seem to have gotten a little ahead of themselves."

http://www.google.com/wallet/

Awesome, I just got my free Nexus S too... I am very skeptical on using this though.

I am one broke guy, but I have this exact 2 things I need to use this product. Hmm.... should I try it?

It seems rather privacy-invasion, but I (for the most part) am trusting G0OGLE so far with many services. And it's got a pin-code just like I mentioned the other day, to secure it.

it appears I need to get a prepaid Google card to use this, though... so Google is getting into banking now? It's a smart move, and there's always a few pennies/dollars left over that you don't spend... so google can eat it up after the time limit expires. Smart.

Anyone try this yet????

Aw man, FFS my nexus S phone has the swipe feature, but I cannot try this now because I use Tmob (with the same exact phone besides the 4G Sprint CDMA antenna) and its only being pushed with the Sprint version of the Nexus S.

What a sham! Release Google Wallet on the T-Mobile Nexus S!

I already have a Nexus S 4G from Sprint. I was too lazy to wait for the update, so I manually loaded 2.3.7 with no issues and used my free $10 at 7-eleven about 20 minutes later.

It was pretty comical.. I swiped my phone on the reader and that cashier said "I don't think we have that yet".. I told it was waiting on sales associate and the chick behind me said "that's fucking cool!!"... it was my nerd moment of the week.

Back