Netflix Expands Coverage on Android Phones

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
On Friday, Netflix became available for (almost) all Froyo and Gingerbread smartphones for all of those of you who are still subscribers. All you need to start streaming to your phone is your current subscription and download the Netflix mobile app and you are in business.

Since both versions of the operating system combined cover over 80% of Android users, chances are you’ll be able to get streaming right away.

....so there are still 20% of users on versions older than froyo, or maybe that number factors in honeycomb users.

Updated to the new version on my LG Optimus V and now I get laggy video, going back to the unofficial 1.2 version with the green bar, at least the video and audio are in sync on that version.

Cant even login on my Samsung Infuse. Keep getting login timeout and something about account information changed and to login again.

Running a custom Gingerbread rom on my Samsung Charge. Playback works now but its a bit choppy and I know its not the phone because it is far faster than stock now.

Working great here on my HTC Evo 4G and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Updated to the new version on my LG Optimus V and now I get laggy video, going back to the unofficial 1.2 version with the green bar, at least the video and audio are in sync on that version.

I have the Optimus M and seeing 30 second a/v synch issues, where is this 1.2 version?

My audio/video is out of sync as well. I Hope they fix it soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Even allows me to install it on my Samsung Intercept. Glorious 240x400 resolution, lol. Canceled Netflix almost 2 years ago, so I couldn't even test it to see if it can handle it.

I finally got it on my Droid 2 about 6 weeks ago, just in time to cancel my streaming service, after the price jack. *Sigh*

It did work very pretty well though, for the short time I had it. The quality was great over WiFi and even 3G (albeit at slightly lower quality). I did notice a bit of audio lag when it first started, but it would usually catch up within 30 seconds to a minute.

Back