Newegg.com Deals 9/7

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
$169.99 - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPX9X7A" = $159.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 9/13/11

XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$184.99 - $15.00 promo code "HARDOCPX9X7B" - $20.00MIR = $149.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 9/13/11

OCZ RevoDrive 3 series RVD3-FHPX4-240G PCI-E 240GB PCI-Express 2.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$599.99 - $25.00IR - $55.00 promo code "HARDOCPX9X7C" = $519.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 9/13/11

Western Digital Elements 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDBAAU0015HBK-NESN
$109.99 - $30.00IR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPX9X7D" = $69.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 9/13/11

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
You pay for performance. If you wanna stay in the slow lane, then get the standard hard drive. If you wanna boot Windows in 15 seconds and do video editing, then pay through the nose and get SSD. Complaining about the price of SSD is like whining about the cost of a Ferrari.

You pay for performance. If you wanna stay in the slow lane, then get the standard hard drive. If you wanna boot Windows in 15 seconds and do video editing, then pay through the nose and get SSD. Complaining about the price of SSD is like whining about the cost of a Ferrari.

Windows boots in 15 seconds on my PC and I have a standard HD.

I'm glad you mentioned the Ferrari analogy b/c that is actually pretty accurate. My rebuttal would be I'll get Ferrari-like performance by spending half as much and get the Nissan GT-R. :cool: (Technically, the GT-R is even faster than a Ferrari, but I digress. ;))
This isnt exactly your average ssd...I think thats actually not a bad price. Click the link...
Yes, it's a fast SSD, but is it more than 2X faster than an SSD that's $1/GB?

I'm glad you mentioned the Ferrari analogy b/c that is actually pretty accurate. My rebuttal would be I'll get Ferrari-like performance by spending half as much and get the Nissan GT-R. :cool: (Technically, the GT-R is even faster than a Ferrari, but I digress. ;))

Yes, it's a fast SSD, but is it more than 2X faster than an SSD that's $1/GB?

Do you argue every SSD deal that Newegg posts?

I am thinking of getting the XFX. Is that a good deal?
$150 seems pretty good.

If not is there a better deal on a 6870 I should consider?
Never had an XFX but I hear the warranty is super.

I am thinking of getting the XFX. Is that a good deal?
$150 seems pretty good.

If not is there a better deal on a 6870 I should consider?
Never had an XFX but I hear the warranty is super.

If I didn't already have one I would be on that deal. I'm having a hard time not picking up a second for crossfire and I really don't need it! I get good frames with one!

Got a new laptop comming for the wife, missed the last deal on so-dimm 2x4gb gskill for $35. Any chance something like that popping up again on the next round of specials starting tomorrow? :)

Back