Apple May Have to Show IPad Sales to Courts

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here is the latest update / installment in the Apple versus Samsung soap opera.

Apple’s claim that the Samsung tablet’s release in Australia will hurt iPad sales may carry little weight if it doesn’t provide the numbers, Federal Court Justice Annabelle Bennett said in Sydney Federal Court today. “Unless Apple puts on evidence showing the impact in the U.S. or U.K., I can’t draw any positive assumptions,” Bennett said.

wait why does it matter? Absolutely Samsung's tablet will affect sales simply because it's another option.

So essentially they're whinging that they might have some competition? :confused:

Fuck Apple.

Why is it a big deal that they have to release sales numbers? Their profit etc are public knowledge. It's a publicly traded company.

Apple expected to sell 300 million units in the US and 60 million units in the UK. Because of Samsung's tablet, which infringes upon Apple's patents, those figures have been reduced by at least 1000% in terms of actual sales.

Samsung is siphoning the magic from the Apple products, this time from the iPad. IT MUST BE BROUGHT TO AN END!

lol

So essentially they're whinging that they might have some competition? :confused:

Fuck Apple.

Yes /hardocp

Apple is claiming the Samsung device violates their patents. Blame the patent system, not Apple. /reality

Why is it a big deal that they have to release sales numbers?
It is not well-know, but the sales of the first iPad were below their expectations.
So showing they sell less than they want you to think might hurt their future sales.

Why is this even a point of contention.

The Tab either conflicts with patents, or it doesn't. How many either one sells should not alter the basic question.

Oh jeez the patent shit comes out again. This is Apple, who just does whatever they want walking over every patent(Cisco Iphone, the iCloud company ect.) and then sues others for patent infringement. Oh the irony.

And now they bitch because of competition? They wish they were a monopoly I guess :rolleyes:

Oh jeez the patent shit comes out again. This is Apple, who just does whatever they want walking over every patent(Cisco Iphone, the iCloud company ect.) and then sues others for patent infringement. Oh the irony.

And now they bitch because of competition? They wish they were a monopoly I guess :rolleyes:

Spot on how I feel about this... they come off to the normal joe as greedy. And the more they do this, the more they appear to be greedy.

I see no reasons to buy apple product, especially computers or phones from them, when there are cheaper products from other companies (samsung is one, ironically) that do MORE or the exact same thing than Apple's entire product line. Apple = more money for fancy casing, hands down. No I'm not hating... that's just how it's always been to REALISTS.

Samsung is the one that recently stopped reporting shipment figures or forecasts "for competitive reasons" Unless their aim is to prove that they aren't really selling a lot of devices without directly saying so I don't see what this will prove.

If Apple is afraid of competition wait till windows 8 tablets come out. That will be sure to knock ipad down a lot.

Samsung is the one that recently stopped reporting shipment figures or forecasts "for competitive reasons" Unless their aim is to prove that they aren't really selling a lot of devices without directly saying so I don't see what this will prove.

Exactly.

This all has to do with Apple trying to control and be #1 in the market..... no matter what it takes. This makes me DISLIKE Apple even more as a company, and will push even farther away from using their products. I haven't touched an ipad yet, nor seen anywhere near 10 in my very popular city in the US.

The galaxy tab is hands down, based on reviews all over the net, BETTER.... that's why Apple is trying to hinder its sales AGAIN. Like said, samsung already delayed their release of this tablet because apple was complaining before about it being to intrusive.

In the end.... tablets WERE 100% not invented by Apple, so they should just sit down and STFU! :)

The only thing that has hurt Apple's sales numbers is Foxconn's inability to make the iPads fast enough.

Back