Sony Recruits Former U.S. Department of Homeland Security Official

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sony has recruited a former DHS official to be its new chief information security officer? I guess this just means security will still suck but the company will now have a tactical unit that will bust you door down and haul your little hacker ass off for interrogation. :D

Sony Corp picked a former official at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the new post of chief information security officer, months after a massive hacking attack leaked information on 100 million user accounts on its games networks. Philip Reitinger, previously director of the U.S. National Cyber Security Center, will become senior vice president and will report to general counsel Nicole Seligman, the Japanese electronics conglomerate said on Tuesday.

I wouldn't dissmiss Philip Reitinger too lightly, he's worked in cyber security for some time now, including Microsoft during it's days while ramping up its security and turning it around.

This is where it gets tough in my eyes.When previous government employees work for the private sector and vise versa. It must be hard when all your contacts will be your previous employer. Is it any wonder that it gets harder to distinguish between Government and Corporations, when both sides float their employees back and forth. Out of the two I would like to see the government hire more from within, then hire Corporate sleazebags whos only goal is to push their past employers agenda.

Can't wait for the stories about Sony using its new lobbying link to solicit services from DHS, with all their new spy tools and more stories like the recent Apple security investigators impersonating police officers because the head investigator used to be a cop.

Does this mean that our kids will have to submit to radiation searches or molestation before they can use their PS3s? Is he going to use his buddies at DHS to get some anti-Sony websites censored?

This is where it gets tough in my eyes.When previous government employees work for the private sector and vise versa. It must be hard when all your contacts will be your previous employer. Is it any wonder that it gets harder to distinguish between Government and Corporations, when both sides float their employees back and forth. Out of the two I would like to see the government hire more from within, then hire Corporate sleazebags whos only goal is to push their past employers agenda.
People should be in jail for some of the stuff they do, like that FCC commissioner who landed a nice cushy job with Comcast right after approving their merger. They don't even bother trying to hide the corruption anymore.

Back