Treyarch Hiring For New Call of Duty

HardOCP News

[H] News
Time to dust off the ol' resume and submit it to Treyarch. The company is working on the next installment of the Call of Duty franchise and they need all kinds of people. Here are two of the job listings they have posted:

Lead Multiplayer Designer: Treyarch, developer of the record-breaking and award-winning Call of Duty: Black Ops, is looking for a Lead Multiplayer Designer to drive innovation in our core game systems, features, and mechanics.

Game Designer/Scripter: Come join the team responsible for the award winning games Call of Duty: World at War, Nazi Zombies, and most recently, Call of Duty: Black Ops! Treyarch is focused on delivering high quality, fun and leading edge games for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and the Windows PC platform. Our extensive infrastructure, investment in next-generation tools and technology and strong leadership provides a solid foundation to continue pioneering great new titles for years to come.

How about they take it one step further, and do something really groundbreaking. See, you start out with the same game they have been making for the past 5 years. THEN, get this part, it will fucking blow your mind.

Wait for it...

NAZI MUMMIES!

5+ years of copy/pasting code is required.

lol you beat me to it... Was going to apply, Skills: Highly effiecent with copy/paste using the super quick method of ctrl-c/v/x. Even know advanced skills like ctrl-z

Interview process:

Points to pile of dog crap. "Is this shit, or shinola?" "Um...shinola?" "Great, you're hired!"

How cute. Now they have to pay people to think up new ideas. Guess they shouldn't have destroyed the modding community who gave Call of Duty every significant gameplay change, along with all the maps that helped make COD one of the finest FPS of its day.

I really hope BF3 ends up having mod tools, or I'll be stuck playing COD4/WaW until the next decent FPS comes out with mod tools.

Interview process:

Points to pile of dog crap. "Is this shit, or shinola?" "Um...shinola?" "Great, you're hired!"

Good god man, do you have a date with some flappers? Gonna hit the nickel cinema? Did you read that new book, "All Quiet on the Western Front"?

I really hope BF3 ends up having mod tools, or I'll be stuck playing COD4/WaW until the next decent FPS comes out with mod tools.

Well, RO2 is coming out in a few weeks, and it has a full set of mod tools. Why not play that?

The base game itself should easily be good for hundreds of hours of gameplay. But because it doesn't have mod tools, you don't want to play it? Although calling COD4 a decent FPS does make me wonder...

Well, RO2 is coming out in a few weeks, and it has a full set of mod tools. Why not play that?

I will for awhile, but unless they advanced their level of graphics significantly, I have the original and have seen RO2 beta footage, the likelihood of a solid community coalescing is minimal. Meanwhile the COD4 server I play on is almost always full, and rotates through hundreds of maps all the time.

While RO2 has gameplay on its side, it lacks a solid TR community.

Meanwhile, BC2 and BF3 blow both COD and RO2 out of the water in terms of graphical quality. With mod tools you could turn BF3 into one hell of a game.

I don't know why everyone is bashing them, the game was 'ground-breaking' it made one heck of a spade in the garden.

The base game itself should easily be good for hundreds of hours of gameplay. But because it doesn't have mod tools, you don't want to play it? Although calling COD4 a decent FPS does make me wonder...

I never said I wouldn't play the base game. Also, COD4 as it came out did indeed suck, but then again, I was playing on modded servers a month after it came out. So I never had the intended out of the box experience.

Furthermore, even for the Battlefield series, I think you have forgotten the role modding played.

I never said I wouldn't play the base game. Also, COD4 as it came out did indeed suck, but then again, I was playing on modded servers a month after it came out. So I never had the intended out of the box experience.

Furthermore, even for the Battlefield series, I think you have forgotten the role modding played.

I played CS for 10 years, Q2:RA2 before that and a modded Rune Quake (ZolQuake) before that, so I'm not about to forget modders. ;) That being said, I really dislike no mod support, but I know I will still get a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of the base game, so why sweat what can't be changed at this point.

How about they take it one step further, and do something really groundbreaking. See, you start out with the same game they have been making for the past 5 years. THEN, get this part, it will fucking blow your mind.

Wait for it...

NAZI MUMMIES!

5+ years of copy/pasting code is required.

Didn't Treyarch take over from Infinity Ward, so that would really be copy and pasting someone elses work, which is far more lazy than making something, and then copying it over.

They must be up shit creek, seeing as the story and multi-player sections of Black Ops were shite, the multi-player was short and left you no reason to prestige, once you found out you were starting over for the sake of another load out slot, and a fancy badge next to your name. Haven't played the game for almost eight months now.

I HAD faith in treyarch before BLOPS. WaWs graphics smacked the shit out of cod4 to be honest on pc, I would say its on par or even better than BLOPS. Now treyarch just sold out to consoles with shitty SC1 textures in places(exploding trucks, disgusting) and there is still some lag for some of us.(if you get a lag spike, open the console you will most likely see pages worth of" error could not load xxx"). Their money system was an attempt at something new but it was just shit. The whole overlay is shit. The lag between player and server is crazy. There is a video on youtube, basically if on your screen you are aiming right at someone on the actual server itself you might be aiming past him.

So meh. Hire someone good who can maybe make something innovative.

I would prefer if they focused on another project, not just Call Of Duty, its getting so old, stale, predictable and boring.

I'd rather play Deus Ex HR, than work for Treyarch, in fact, I'm gonna go do that now.

Back