Hackers Target Vanguard Defense

HardOCP News

[H] News
Antisec is at it again. This time the group hacked a defense contractor's website and grabbed valuable top secret items like membership rosters, meeting notes and cafeteria lunch menus. :rolleyes:

We are doing this not only to cause embarrassment and disruption to Vanguard Defense Industries, but to send a strong message to the hacker community. White hat sellouts, law enforcement collaborators, and military contractors beware we're coming for your mail spools, bash history files, and confidential documents.

"Additionally we found evidence of a Merrill
Lynch wealth management advisor giving private advance notice to Garcia about
upcoming S&P US credit rating downgrades."
Well if this is true its a start in the right direction and the info needs to be sent to the right authorities.

Well if this is true its a start in the right direction and the info needs to be sent to the right authorities.

Now if they actually start putting out like this, I can get behind that. Randomly releasing citizens private info from mass transit promotional sites, not so much.

Ok, now this is indeed interesting. Actually going to read the article now.

Meh, didn't realize it was postbin. Anyhow, we'll see the "proof" of the private advance when they release it I guess. Certainly would be interesting since the Justice Department is looking into S&P and that is leaked privileged info.

FBI Dude 1: Lets hack into <Company X> and figure out if they were involved in bad stuff...
FBI Dude 2: Ummm.. that's against the 4th amendment dude.. we need a warrant..
FBI Dude 1: If we find anything we pretend to be some rogue hacker group and release it to the public. Then we can use it because "WE" didnt break into the system that bad bad evil hacker group did.
FBI Dude 2: Genius.

They can release all the dirt they want, nothing will happen anyways.

I am not really sure I get this...seems to me the whole world knew this was coming honestly, long before it actually happened.

I am not really sure I get this...seems to me the whole world knew this was coming honestly, long before it actually happened.

Yes, but knowing exactly WHEN and being able to time your shorts would have made people millions, if not billions.

If you know in advance then you can short shares. The next day after s&p came out with the report the market dropped like a hot potato. Money to be made on the short sell and then again on the up swing. Most of the extreme swings are caused by computer programs kicking in and automatically doing the selling and buying. Its against the law for Money managers to inform certain individuals before an official statement is made to the public.

FBI Dude 1: Lets hack into <Company X> and figure out if they were involved in bad stuff...
FBI Dude 2: Ummm.. that's against the 4th amendment dude.. we need a warrant..
FBI Dude 1: If we find anything we pretend to be some rogue hacker group and release it to the public. Then we can use it because "WE" didnt break into the system that bad bad evil hacker group did.
FBI Dude 2: Genius.

I've got my movie script halfway written already. ;)

lol Antisec, with what the rate they are doing these, it won't really be long were the internet won't be neutral at all, good job guys, thanks for savings us

Ah yes. What a brilliant idea. Hacking a security contractor. A company that does work for the politicians who don't want to get their hands dirty. God knows they play by the rules of civilized society.

Have fun with that I guess.

This made me laugh out loud. You really think the neutrality of the internet wouldn't be in danger if hackers ceased their attacks? Get a clue. The Inverted Totalitarian State that we now live in is coming for your intertnetz regardless.

A prime aim of the growing surveillance state.

Interesting reading. What I find ironic is while that http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/08/19/surveillance/index.html is moving forward at an accelerated state, So many people still believe they live in a utopian world. That their political masters are looking after their interests first and foremost.

Back