Hackers Gain Access to Transit Police Union Site

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hackers have gained access to blah, blah, blah so on and so forth. Raise your hand if you honestly just don't care about these hacks anymore. :(

This time, the hackers gained access to a Bay Area Rapid Transit police union website and posted personal information on more than 100 officers. The officers' home addresses, email addresses and passwords were posted online.

And yes, I posted this news item just to complain about fifty lame hacks a week against all these lame targets. :)

vlcsnap-790936.jpg

Steve.. glad you crystalized a similar thought I wrote yesterday..

patent lawsuits.. investor news.. stock market valuations.. criminal activity.. website hacking.. sale tax fights.. privacy invasions.. cloud outages..

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037639733&postcount=10

I guess if it's the norm then it's not very newsworthy ;)

...besides, some hackers might go away if they we ignore them.

Amen brother! I feel the same way, the guys are just looking for publicity and attention. Its an old hat at this point.

Just post how much BART police make, real cops will get so mad they will go on a rampage. Seriously BART police make roughly double what a real cop of equivalent rank makes. Plus they trump a real cop's jurisdictional rank. No idea why this is, but it is.

Yeah well that's gotta suck! Maybe if the cops were honest instead of acting ten times worse than the MPAA when someone posts a video of them beating someone to a pulp I'd have sympathy for their privates exposed on the net. Meh! :rolleyes:

I say we should bring hanging and the firing squad back. Just a thought.

I have a crazy idea, how about companies actually start paying attention and secure their fucking networks.

Back