Technology Comes to French Bakers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The fast pace of today’s lifestyle is now moving into the age old bastion of French bakery goods. If you are just too busy to stop by the bakery on the way to work or on your way home, an enterprising bakery owner has come up with the perfect solution. :cool:

Kind of cool, though theoretically a health concern (due to the exposed bread landing in that tray... and you know what people would do to that stuff...

Putting it in those paper bags might work, right? Though it would hurt the just baked image.

Kind of cool, though theoretically a health concern (due to the exposed bread landing in that tray... and you know what people would do to that stuff...

Putting it in those paper bags might work, right? Though it would hurt the just baked image.

I had the same thought, but after just visiting over there, they don't have the same obsession as us having everything overpackaged in 3 kinds of plastic, vacuum sealed, etc.

you would be surprised at how much "junk" the human body tolerates.

But the moment you start to get "germophobic" and clean everything meticulously that you cant even eat something from a street vendor, your body reacts and starts to expect "super clean" food. and when germs are introduced to that host, the body doesnt know how to react, and becomes sick.

Some of the best food i've personally eaten came from street vendors in third world countries, and while they werent the cleanest, they did a good job of not deliberately dirtying your food.

you would be surprised at how much "junk" the human body tolerates.

But the moment you start to get "germophobic" and clean everything meticulously that you cant even eat something from a street vendor, your body reacts and starts to expect "super clean" food. and when germs are introduced to that host, the body doesnt know how to react, and becomes sick.

That is fine for common germs but it is not for infectious diseases which can be spread by just touching a door handle in a taxi. I would rather use precaution than take a chance.

Awesome idea, bakery that doesn't want to have the expense of a store front, one that takes up valuable baking real-estate and gets occupied by annoying customers like the old lady who questions how fresh it is.

However it is a bit too sterile for my liking, something about human interaction that I feel is necessary for me to want to do business.

How did the human race make it for so many years without bread in paper bags?

Back