Twitter Turns 5 Today

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter turned 5 today. No big announcements, no party, no freebies, handouts or party favors. Damn five year olds don't know how to celebrate! :D Thanks to Mark C. for sending along the news.

There were 224 Tweets sent on July 15, 2006. Today, users send that many Tweets in less than a tenth of a second.

Twitter's been around 5 years? Wow, well I still have yet to use it. Don't need to be tweeting "Taking dump on toilet."

And I've only tweeted a total of about 4-5 times during that period... only when required in order to enter some random drawing.. and oncwe when I was really angry about McAfee and Norton bloat.

Made an account in early 09 and currently have over 6000 tweets.

I like it... much nicer than facebook and even google+ is pretty lame right now. I refuse to use tumblr as it's just twitter minus the 140-character restraint... screw that. Lot of my friends use twitter and it's good to be in the loop with everyone without having to ask. If things sound interesting or funny... I'll @reply them on twitter about it... if it's boring I ignore it. pretty simple. Only takes a few seconds to read each one.

I hate seeing all the hate with social networking. If you don't like it... don't need to make a huge fuss about the same thing in each thread, lol.

I prefer not to post a lot about myself (or my activities) online but I can see the usefulness of keeping up with news and people via twitter.

Respect

Back