Wargame: European Escalation - Cold War RTS

DennisK4

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
361
Release: Q1 2012

Focus Home Interactive is proud to unveil Wargame: European Escalation, the new real time strategy game from Eugen Systems, a specialist of the genre and developer of the critically-lauded Act of War: Direct Action, and more recently R.U.S.E.™.

Wargame: European Escalation is built around depth and reflection, the key elements of classic wargames. Above solid foundations, Eugen Systems builds an impressive list of features and enhancements in order to provide a unique and innovative gaming experience to all real-time strategy fans.

Wargame: European Escalation features intense real-time battles, stunning graphics, and the amazing IRISZOOM™ system, which allows a continuous zoom from a global view of the map to the heart of the action. With real strategic gameplay, rich content, integration of EugenNet© and its numerous online services, Wargame: European Escalation will unite all the world’s biggest strategy fans.

Set in the rarely explored period of 1975-1985, Wargame: European Escalation pits NATO (USA and Western Europe) against the Warsaw Pact (Soviet and Eastern European countries) in battles that explore “what could have been.” The specter of nuclear warfare loomed large over the real Cold War, but this catastrophic outcome was the ultimate last resort as everyone knew that the first one to start nuclear hostilities would end up wiped out just the same. Large, armored offensives through Europe would certainly have been the core of this hypothetical war; and this is what the game’s explosive campaign takes you through!

Wargame: European Escalation will be fully unveiled at E3 in June. In the meantime, we invite you to view the premier ingame images of the game, which will be released on PC (retail and digital distribution) in the first quarter of 2012.


2a0lutw.jpg


otoze0.jpg


2vvnqxy.jpg


vg79041_wargame-european-escalation-pc-130735174542-009.jpg


vg79040_wargame-european-escalation-pc-1307351742-008.jpg
 
This is relevant to my interests.Reminds me of World in Conflict.

Will we be able to use tactical nukes?
 
Last edited:
It looks good but I'm worried its just gonna be an arty spam fest like wic was. The map sizes are of huge interest to me though. I'm gonna wait this one out a bit I think I have been looking for a new rts and this is definitely one that's trying to bring new life to the genre. I just dont want another forgettable rts.
 
Nah. These guys made RUSE and this isn't far removed from that at all.

I'll say this, too: I loved the strategic zoom from SupCom 1 & 2 but the one in RUSE completely set the standard. That entire engine was amazing
 
Last edited:
Hmm no doubt the pictures look great zoomed all the way in, but from that youtube video at a tactical zoom distance all I saw was a barren landscape with patches of trees for cover.
 
Back
Top