Microsoft Fix It Solution Center

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Microsoft has revamped its Fix It Solution Center. While this is a bit rudimentary for you guys, this would be great for your less than tech savvy relatives. Well, unless you LIKE being the family computer repair man. ;)

Oh wow...couldn't get anything to open up and figured...great...browser elitism...

then I saw the [H]ardocp border and realized it was the screenshot. :(

Oh wow...couldn't get anything to open up and figured...great...browser elitism...

then I saw the [H]ardocp border and realized it was the screenshot. :(

Sounds like this thing is right up your alley. ;)

This site is very useful. A lot of 'fixes' involve many steps. For common things like resetting and reinstalling print spooler and fixing Windows Update issues ... these 'fix it's' are great.

Why can't Linux have a Fix It Solution Center with Fix It's?

wont do any good, less tech savy people wont even know this exists

It's a step in the right direrction though. You see a lot of crash logs with broken or irrelevent links. Maybe Windows 8 crashes will be tied to FixIt. It'd be really nice IMO.

Why can't Linux have a Fix It Solution Center with Fix It's?

Because there will be 6 different version written by 9 people who lives in 5 different countries. 1 version will "fix" another version because it was deemed inferior and bug ridden. Then when you do try to click on a fix, it will tell you to RTFM, in which the manual only has geek speak and is 3 lines of human readable text and a page of code.

This site is very useful. A lot of 'fixes' involve many steps. For common things like resetting and reinstalling print spooler and fixing Windows Update issues ... these 'fix it's' are great.

Some of these "fixes" work.. others either don't and/or skip steps that are required in certain situations.

Over the past couple of years I have had to write scripts that actually fix stuff that is normally deemed... wipe and reinstall.

Because there will be 6 different version written by 9 people who lives in 5 different countries. 1 version will "fix" another version because it was deemed inferior and bug ridden. Then when you do try to click on a fix, it will tell you to RTFM, in which the manual only has geek speak and is 3 lines of human readable text and a page of code.

And this boys and girls is why desktop linux is fail.

This fixed my issue with my DVD Drive and IDE controllers and I also used the one for cleaning up a corrupt office 2007 uninstall with the dreaded 2203 error preventing you from uninstalling. Both worked great, good idea Microsoft.

Back