Corsair H70 CPU Cooler Unboxing

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair H70 CPU Cooler Unboxing - Just a quick sneak peek at what the new Corsair H70 looks like coming out of it packaging. If you are familiar with the Corsair H50, then you will likely guess that Corsair is looking to do the world of sealed water cooling a little bit better.

Thanks for getting something out so quickly Kyle. Can't wait to see how this performs, though I'm pretty much already sold.

looks interesting, might go for something like that when i do my next build, completely agree with the statement that pulling in air from the back is just plain stupid.

looks interesting, might go for something like that when i do my next build, completely agree with the statement that pulling in air from the back is just plain stupid.
+1

I'm curious as to how this thing performs. When can we expect to see a full review?

Thicker rad and push/pull fans included.

Looks good.

I am excited to see how this performs against the H50 and the CoolIt products as well. Waiting to see its availability too.

Dammit I thought this was gonna be a review. Hopefully its nice and quiet and comes in at a decent price. Looking forward to the review!

That's a thick rad; I have high hopes! Core i7 920 D0 @ 4GHz, temps in the high 60s low 70s?

Someone is going to have to explain this to me some day. Sealed liquid cooling systems cost significantly more than even a high end heat sink and fan combo, all the ones I've seen so far make more noise, and they don't cool as well. So the point is...what?

Am I the only one that thought that the "new" unit in the pictures looks a bit used or tossed around?

For example look at this pic. Yuck.

Those tubes sure are short, I wonder if this will limit mounting options for the radiator. Looks like youd be limited to a 120mm spot right on the back of the case above the IO panel or if your motherboard sits right at the top of the case, a hole there. Doesn't look like it'd stretch to, say, the front of an Antec Nine Hundred or similar case.

Shane

Am I the only one that thought that the "new" unit in the pictures looks a bit used or tossed around?

For example look at this pic. Yuck.

Kyle likes to roll all his new hardware around in the grass before he uses it. He says it makes him feel as if he is one with the Earth or some such.

So what is suppose to make this better? I don't see anything that makes it much different than the H50 from the pics.

Or is this just an attempt to manufacturer cheaper, create the illusion of being better in some way, build off the success of an already existing product, yet offer virtually nothing to gain, all while costing more?

So what is suppose to make this better? I don't see anything that makes it much different than the H50 from the pics.

Or is this just an attempt to manufacturer cheaper, create the illusion of being better in some way, build off the success of an already existing product, yet offer virtually nothing to gain, all while costing more?

thinker rad 2 fans new block

Compare the radiators. The efficiency of the radiator is a big thing for a water cooling loop, and this one is about twice the size of the old one. Also it seems like they've done something different with the pump/block.

Radiator is twice as thick, comes with two higher-performance fans instead of one, and the new block/pump design.

That's a thick rad; I have high hopes! Core i7 920 D0 @ 4GHz, temps in the high 60s low 70s?

I do BETTER than that with the H50

i7 -920 C0 @ 4 1.44v MAX load with prime95 - 53c (Idles at 30c)

I use the H50 with a push/pull setup in a Raven 2 case...

I do BETTER than that with the H50

i7 -920 C0 @ 4 1.44v MAX load with prime95 - 53c (Idles at 30c)

I use the H50 with a push/pull setup in a Raven 2 case...

I have to call shenanigans. What are your ambients? What fans? Did you mod it at all? I lapped mine and I have a lower vcore @ 4.2 Ghz with an Ultra Kaze 3k RPM as intake and I dropped 10-12c compared to non-lapped.

Well as far as whats so good about the h70 compared to h50 and other air coolers is that people from corsair have already been doing test and have found that the h70 has beat out the previous h50 by 13c on load on a i7 920 3.8.. sounds awsome to me!! and also compared to air cooler you dont have that weight of a gigantic air cooler on your mobo. plus air coolers are god ugly like all of them.

Well as far as whats so good about the h70 compared to h50 and other air coolers is that people from corsair have already been doing test and have found that the h70 has beat out the previous h50 by 13c on load on a i7 920 3.8.. sounds awsome to me!! and also compared to air cooler you dont have that weight of a gigantic air cooler on your mobo. plus air coolers are god ugly like all of them.

That's what THEY claim, I'll wait for actual reviews before making any decision.

A 13C delta vs. the H50 is hard to believe, but if it's true this is going in my next rig for sure. That would handily beat out the high end air cooling market -- something I'm very skeptical about.

Not gonna lie...I fapped :D

Hopefully the upgraded parts are worth it. I've been a bit sketchy on built-in WC units like this as well, but now that I have a better case with better airflow, I might consider getting one of these when I upgrade my CPU next.

I'm sure the price difference between this and the h50 will be night and day and frankly I just don't see enough improvements to warrant a "new model." I mean they've increased the thickness of the radiator and included another fan in the box and snazzed up the cpu block. It looks cool but I don't see it outperforming it's predecessor. However if the above is true then maybe I should start paying attention to tiny insignificant details lol.

Here in the near future im going to overclock my I7 920 D0 to 4ghz with 6gigs corsair dominator 1600hz on a evga x58 le .Does anyone know the best most stable and best temps guide for doing this.

Someone is going to have to explain this to me some day. Sealed liquid cooling systems cost significantly more than even a high end heat sink and fan combo, all the ones I've seen so far make more noise, and they don't cool as well. So the point is...what?

One reason for buying something like the H50/H70 is that some of us cannot fit large heatsinks due to our cases.

I have the H50 and I installed it the way Corsair said to in the instructions at first. What I found was that my two GTX 480's expel extremely hot air out of the back of the case and as hot air rises the H50 sucked the hot air right back in (case is HAF 932). I flipped it around and added a Fezer Triebwerk mid speed fan, and the load temps dropped 8c. I also rigged the fan the H50 came with in the empty drive bays to blow cool air directly into the Triebwerk fan. I look forward to grabbing this H70 as I've heard it's under $100.

hopefuly this will be what the h50 should have been. something that beets out aircooling. but the copper plat area looks terrible. we will see

I've been very happy with the overclock my H50 with push pull Noctua fans affords me but I too am skeptical that the new H70 affords a reason to upgrade.

Kyle can you please test the H70 Head to head with a Push Pull fan on the H50 so we can make the right call about any potential upgrade?

YEAH!! The H70 better be 20 better than the H50.. 20 WHAT is the ? Redbeard.. got an answer for us? :D

Kyle.. since you ranted about it a bit, any chance you will rotate the case fans in different ways than per Corsair's recommendations?

airflow.jpg

dunno I think it will choke like the h50, better to stick with my NH-D14.
also any chance in the test kyle we get some LinX and some occt. If the overclock can't pass those 2 test then it not stable and the heat sink wont be worth it.

Kyle.. since you ranted about it a bit, any chance you will rotate the case fans in different ways than per Corsair's recommendations?

We will test it the way Corsair wants, but we will likely test it our way as well. I installed two H50 units in the last week and I have both mine exhausting the hot air outside the chassis.

Back