AMD Eyefinity Challenge with HardOCP in Dallas TX

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The Eyefinity Challenge with HardOCP

HardOCP and AMD have been working together to get Eyefinity in front of more gamers and gauge their first hand Eyefinity gaming experience.

On Saturday November 14th, here in Dallas, TX we will be having The Eyefinity Challenge. This will be an invitation only event, and yes, we are extending invitations to HardOCP readers in the DFW Metroplex in this thread.

What we are doing is setting up a 5 on 5 team gaming/deathmatch scenario. 5 stations with Eyefinity, 5 stations without Eyefinity.

Edit: This event was a complete success, thanks to all of you that participated.

Some coverage from the event is here. Thanks to all of you for sharing the pictures that we used in the article.

Last edited:
I'm 2 hours away and I don't think I could convince my wife to go to six flags again so soon :(

Yall should whip out the video camera and record the thing though.

I was thinking of letting gamers around the memphis area coming and try it on my rig. It would at least give me a chance to know more of my fellow hard members.

email sent... I am both happy my Saturday is free but disappointed that the reason is unemployment!

Signed up!

Sounds like this could be a ton of fun.. I'm curious to see how this all would play out and meet other [H] Folks!

Sent my email in, would love to take part! Thankfully I don't live in the middle of Kansas ;)

Email sent. Definately one benefit to working 5am-3pm is seeing these posts fairly early. :)

Hey Kyle guess you'll email us more info towards the end of the week?

Total Newbie, long time reader... just moved to Dallas for work a few months ago, but email sent :)

2 ATI Radeon HD 5870's in Crossfire can output to 6 monitors.

It is my understanding that this statement above is NOT correct.

First off, CrossFire is not yet supported under Eyefinity, but when it is, I am told that the connections for the monitors will have to come from one video card only in the CFX configuration. I will check again to make sure my information is correct.

btw, I predict single screen will win. Only because the people playing on eyefinity won't be able to stop staring at the awesomeness. XD

Dangit.. I have to work Saturday and I am in Houston so not to far off. I assume anyone can show up just to watch?

Hey will this be a morning, noon, afternoon or evening event? I've got some other things going on that day as well.

If it's in the morning I need to plan my Friday night around that.

Anyone know what game we will be playing? Not that it matters, I just wanna see teh Eyefinity tech.

Back