samsung 2253BW - the best for mw ?

asd1301

n00b
hi ...want to buy 22' this week .....
put my eyes on the 2253BW one
what do u think ? the best 22' under 300$ ? should i pay more 50 (here it's 50$ more) for that new HP 227 ...?
i play games \ movies \ internet ..usualy ....

the thing is:
1) i read some reviews that ppl with the 2253BW have bleedind lights from top screen ....blue HUE all the time even after calibrating the colors .....
what do u think ?
2) what's that "1:1" thing that this monitor support ? it means that if i play games at 1024 for ex...it will look good even if it's suppose to be played at 1600 ? (cos my comp isn't strong enough yet for running 1600) will upgrate in 2 month from now ...
3) how is watching DVDrip movies on that 22 ? (not 720P) it suppose to strech the picture after all ..right :rolleyes:?

10x (and sorry for my bad english guys ...) ;)

hi ...want to buy 22' this week .....
put my eyes on the 2253BW one
what do u think ? the best 22' under 300$ ? should i pay more 50 (here it's 50$ more) for that new HP 227 ...?
i play games \ movies \ internet ..usualy ....

the thing is:
1) i read some reviews that ppl with the 2253BW have bleedind lights from top screen ....blue HUE all the time even after calibrating the colors .....
what do u think ?
2) what's that "1:1" thing that this monitor support ? it means that if i play games at 1024 for ex...it will look good even if it's suppose to be played at 1600 ? (cos my comp isn't strong enough yet for running 1600) will upgrate in 2 month from now ...
3) how is watching DVDrip movies on that 22 ? (not 720P) it suppose to strech the picture after all ..right :rolleyes:?

10x (and sorry for my bad english guys ...) ;)

The monitor has realle annoying BLB so I wouldnt buy it. It also makes a very annoying sound if you have the brightness bellow 80% so therefor you have no choice but to chooce high brightness levels which definitely isnt satisfying.

It looks great though so it is easy to to pick up from the store annyway but you will change your mind. Both Samsung 226BW and HP w2207h are better options.

but the 2253 came to REPLACE the 226 .......
so.......
and where i live ...threre r no samsung pannel to 226 ANYMORE LEFT so it's no good :mad: AND THE hp IS SOOOOOO more expensive than the 2253 for some reason...
u think ALL 2253 have that noise and blb ?

Yes, all of them have the noise and BLB.

If you want a similar Samsung monitor (and 226BW not available) you could look at Samsung T220.

I dont know whether that screen also make noises but the BLB should at least be less. I still would recommend another brand though. Samsung seems to have problems with their monitors at the moment.

LG 227WT is a better monitor for that amount of money. The only sad thing is that 2253 look much better on your desk.
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-lg-l227wt.html#Introduction

well i just looked at like ...100 reviews (looked at the cons only)
no1 mantioned that noise that u talked about ....r u sure there is a noise ?
and about that blb - yes there is ....but ! only in black pich dark ....ppl say that when u play a movie for ex u won't notice it

the thing is i'm maby annoing you (am i ??:D) cos i just called 2 stores and the new lg 2207 is 85$ more in here .....yes ...that's alot of money compared to the 2253 :mad: (don't ask me ..i donno why ...computers prices always where to wierd in israel) ...

well i just looked at like ...100 reviews (looked at the cons only)
no1 mantioned that noise that u talked about ....r u sure there is a noise ?
and about that blb - yes there is ....but ! only in black pich dark ....ppl say that when u play a movie for ex u won't notice it

the thing is i'm maby annoing you (am i ??:D) cos i just called 2 stores and the new lg 2207 is 85$ more in here .....yes ...that's alot of money compared to the 2253 :mad: (don't ask me ..i donno why ...computers prices always where to wierd in israel) ...
"u sure there is a noise ?"
Yes, because people have been in touch with Samsung and they confirm that the monitor make a buzzing sound/noise if you lower the brightness bellow 75%.

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=763469&perpage=30&pagenumber=3

If you dont usually get annoyed about sounds it may not irritate you though. and you may not be irritated with the BLB either. Then 2253 is a good choice for you.

The LG should be cheaper than the 2253 so dont go for that choice then.

and from another forum:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2049206&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=167
"I have some interesting news. I bought a 2253BW monitor to try out and tested out the input lag compared to the Samsung 245BW. According to my results, the 245BW has atleast an average of 15ms of input lag......

the 2253BW is FAST, very fast.......... I would say no input lag fast, but I dont have a CRT to confirm that. The problem with the 2253BW is it makes a humming noise when the brightness is below 70, freaking annoying.... Will post more when I know more .

Btw, I think I am the reason Best Buy changed there return policy to 14 days

I am not purposely going to these places to buy and return, but every damn monitor has a defect, or some kind of problem......"

cheaper in the us ..:)
here (israel) it's more (much more) than the 2253BW .....70-85$ more .

maby i'll try to get a good price on the HP but i'm not sure ...(checked alot at stores)

almost forgot ...what's that "1:1" option ? (asked in my first post)

Well i just got my 2253bw and man is this thing awesome.Games and movies look incredible even without much calibration.Viewing angles are good, clarity is good and this thing never ghosts.I would say if you are a gamer to get this monitor.Just be aware of the dot pitch of 22" screens at 1680x1050.The text is just a tad pixilated but its not bad.I would say maybe going smaller would be best.But if you can deal with it like i can then oh boy be prepared for some awesome gaming with this monitor.Anyways thats just my opinion and hopefully it helps you out.

read all reviews ......looked arroung little bit more in google .....
want your help again on final decision :
and then there where three ! :D

L227WTG - no buzz noise but also don't have 1:1 don't support over 60HZ :(
W2252TQ - maby buzz noise not on all ...have TRUE 1:1 ...ppl says it's support 75HZ on 1600 res withought FPS drop !! .....(so if u think of it it's better than the l227wtg noap? ..it's even 20$ cheaper here)
and the new T220 by samsung (it arrived here only 3 days ago so it wasn't in my choises and i donno anything about it yet...is it got a buzz boise also like the 2253?)

ok ....what do u say ?
oh btw ...the t220 is the same price as the w2252TQ here ....the l227wtg is 50$ more ...

realy need your help . 10x !

i know i'm maby annoying a bit :rolleyes: BUT it's only in computers stuff where i have TOO MUCH doubts :cool:
..and after all
....u buy a monitor for like 5..6...+ years ...

Oh by the way the buzzing noise of the 2253bw isn't happening on all of them since it isnt happening on mine.So dont let that be the reason not to get it.

thought on 100% of them ....10x

ok so last decision ....
L227WTG ....W2252TQ.......or the new T220

?:D

Back