• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus WL-138G V2 Wireless Card Problems - Can't connect in one computer

r2edline

Gawd
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
512
I have this wireless card, works fine for months, now having major issues with it connecting to my network. It won't obtain an IP address, I can set a static one but that doesn't work properly either, it says it is connected but it is brutally slow. I tested the card in another computer and I know it works fine, also did a fresh install (tried XP x86 and x64 versions), still the same problem. I tried resetting my router but to no avail, my Macbook works fine though in OSX and XP x86. Any ideas?
 
Have you tried completely deleting (Driver Cleaner Pro) & re-installing the driver?
 
I haven't, but this is on a fresh install of XP, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference. But I will try it.
 
Reinstalled drivers, upgraded firmware on router, reset router to factory defaults, still wouldn't work...

So I was looking on a random page and someone said he had major packet loss with the same card, and what fixed the majority of it was actually rotating the antenna.

So I rotated the antenna 90 degrees from straight up/down to straight sideways and now it works perfectly fine. Very very weird...
 
Back
Top