TT Big Water SE WaterCooling Kit $76 after MIR (+S/H)

Well it is one of the best water cooling setup you can buy. Water pump is not weak, as you can read in the reviews and common sense, slow water through CPU block absorbs more heat.

I am running the same water cooling with my Opteron [email protected], and let me tell you the temperatures.

Idle = Normal use like Watching HDTV plus Web surfing = 29C

Load = Gaming at full resolution + DVD Burning + Downloading = 40C

Excellent water cooling i bought mine a couple of months ago for $115, now it is way less. Thermaltake recently released the new Water block for this Big Water SE here is the link for it.Volcano 4005

This Volcano 4005 heat exchanger is a beast and one of the best water cooling setup!

Call me ignorant but this says it's for: Socket T (LGA 775) / Socket 478 & AMD K7 / K8

How did you use this on a socket 939? Are the clips for any of these the same as those used on socket 939 boards? Or, did you buy the same type of system in a different setup and therefor this isn't that hot of a deal for those of us building socket 939 based systems?

I mean, I guess I could put it on my socket A board but I don't really need it nor want to put that kind of money into that old system.

annaconda said:
Well it is one of the best water cooling setup you can buy. Water pump is not weak, as you can read in the reviews and common sense, slow water through CPU block absorbs more heat.

I am running the same water cooling with my Opteron [email protected], and let me tell you the temperatures.

Excellent water cooling i bought mine a couple of months ago for $115, now it is way less. Thermaltake recently released the new Water block for this Big Water SE here is the link for it.Volcano 4005

This Volcano 4005 heat exchanger is a beast and one of the best water cooling setup!

Funny I am priming right now at 42c on one of those new AMD heatsinks with 4 heatpipes. I am on a opteron 144 @ 2.7ghz 1.45v. Obviously that is not a good watercooling kit IMO.

Jared

If you dont like the pump you can always get an exos spitty sucky dual pump/resiware(sp,bad) setup for like $20 plus shipping from koolance.

Gah.. I am so tempted to buy this.. It seems like a pretty good deal... Grr descision descision.

MaStA819 said:
Funny I am priming right now at 42c on one of those new AMD heatsinks with 4 heatpipes. I am on a opteron 144 @ 2.7ghz 1.45v. Obviously that is not a good watercooling kit IMO.

Jared

Opteron 144 is Sngle Core and Opteron 165 is Dual Core.

i have an opteron 148 running 3.2 with this kit.....at about 40c underload....its a good kit for the money

CmaN3 said:
Gah.. I am so tempted to buy this.. It seems like a pretty good deal... Grr descision descision.

looking at your sig, don't you think you might want to throw that money towards a new mobo for a new rig...... or something?

annaconda said:
Well it is one of the best water cooling setup you can buy.

Your kidding right? It may do a good job of quieting down your system, but this setup is only slightly better than a high-end air cooling solution. For that price, it may not be a bad setup for someone who wants to get into watercooling, but to say that is one of the best watercooling setups you can buy is just insane.

RooK said:
looking at your sig, don't you think you might want to throw that money towards a new mobo for a new rig...... or something?

hahah yea. Im saving up for a new rig right now... Only about 200 our of 700 atm though. Gotta sell some stuff. If I bought this it would be for the new comptuer anyway. The only reason im on this is because my old comptuer died.

annaconda said:

WRONG, WRONG and WRONG.

Try again.

annaconda said:

What?
slow water through CPU block absorbs more heat.
I hope you do realize that the water spends the same amount of time in all parts of the cooling system NO MATTER WHAT THE FLOW RATE IS (except 0 of course).

I had no idea downloading and DVD Burning were extraordinarily complicated tasks for CPUs. You would ALMOST think the hard drive (or burner/internet connection) would be limiting factor, go figure.... :p :p

And yes, the pump is rather weak....

I was just about to jump on that.... maybe I still should..... i've got a prescott at 3.7 and it runs HOT - around 60 loaded.

Back