Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Hi. Not sure why the 1883 won't recognize the drives. However, have you used them on the other controllers beyond making sure they are recognized? I had a terrible time with these drives and their successor, the WD2002FAEX, with MDADM RAID5 on a standard LSI non RAID controller. Just be aware...
I was slow to upgrade to an i7 from a three-year-old Q9550. I've had my 2600k for right at three years. I upgraded my ESX servers to 2600ks at the same time. They've all been running solid 24x7 for three years. I run them at stock speed with the stock cooler... I know, boring, but the...
I still like the Q9550 as my "best" 775 CPU. For the $50 extra for the Q9650, you only gain a 6% (stock) performance increase for a 37% increase in cost. I don't game and I don't overclock my CPUs, but I tend to have a lot of programs and VMs running. I feel my only limitation was RAM...
My official first computer was an Amiga 1000 in 1986. 256KB RAM plus 256KB (external) expansion. No hard drive, two 3.5" 720k DDs. Amazing machines way ahead of their time. Shame about Commodore. I used my dad's 8088 a little bit and then got my first PC in 1990 - a 386SX-16, 2MB RAM, 85MB...
For the same price, the RE4 is the better buy overall. It's a newer drive. The 'plain' black drive is a WD1001FALS, which is a three+-year-old model (had some of mine for over three years), with smaller cache (64MB on the RE4 vs 32MB on the FALS). TLER-enabled drives have no ill effects on...
Here's my progression... just in order of age, not necessarily how I acquired each of them.
Intel
386SX-16 (started it all, in 1990, after my dad's 8088)
386DX-33
486SX-25/33 *
486DX-33 *
486Dx-50 *
486DX/2-66 *
Pentium-75 (oc'd to 90! Ooooh!) *
Pentium-90 (with FP bug) *...
I've also used VMware converter on drives not in their original machines... works well because it has to reconfigure the OS, anyway, for the virtual hardware.
Mike
Just had this issue with Seagate... my *just* over one-year-old account quit working - it said that there was a technical issue or my account was disabled. So... thought I'd try a new account with a different email address. Then it said the site was having technical problems. Three days...
I've used old PCI 1MB Stealth SE and 4MB ATI Rage II cards in a couple of socket 775 boards with no issues. Have not tried them in my socket Z68 1155 boards yet as I needed the two PCI slots in them (just HDMI connector on the motherboards and don't have HDMI monitor to use the onboard...
I agree with others that it is supply and demand, and the fact that Intel is not making the processors anymore, yet the C2Q 9xxx processors were the most sought-after and highest-end S775 processors. I sold two of the Q9550 E0 processors on Ebay for over $200 each a couple months ago... even...
Sorry for the delay in responding. Our VNXs were thin on the VNX, itself when we had problems. View VMs are a combination of thick (we call them persistent) and linked clones (thin). Once we exceeded about 90% consumed on the VNX pool, FAST lost its mind and data was not moving effectively...
Hey, I posted in your original VDI thread. I agree with the recommendation for more 100GB flash drives rather than a small amount of 200s. The IOPs you gain will be far more valuable than the extra slots. Cost is usually the same.
EMC resized our VNXs, we went from a 10TB usable pool to...
In my years of motherboard/CPU changes with Windows (going way back to the days of Windows 3.0...), I've found that the only thing Windows is really temperamental about (i.e., absolutely refuses to boot) is change in disk controller. If I've had an installation that I've had to keep for some...
Hi, I went through some issues this year with replacing green drives. I started out two years ago with four matching WD15EADS drives. A year later, one failed and they replaced it with the same model. A couple months after that, one failed, and was replaced with a WD20EARS drive. Cool, an...
Hi there - my first post, but I am a longtime lurker - love this forum. We have VNXs with FAST enabled, purchased solely for VDI. I am quite familiar with the challenges of VDI, having dealt with it now for nearly three years. We first ran it on our DMX3 and worked through FA...